cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perk's Of The Job

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Perk's Of The Job

We all know what those are, so what is the best you have had?
17 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Perk's Of The Job

an expense account  Grin
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Perhaps I am the odd one out but  I never got any perks with my job, I did get a few tips but these were of the verbal variety and in most cases would have been impossible or painful to carry out.
Smiley
Fixes: 47

Company mobile and the key to the stationery cupboard.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
robski1
Rising Star
Fixes: 4

Car, phone, laptop, extra holidays and medical insurance. Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Travel budget and control on purchases so could travel business class get gold card and airmiles  Cool
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
nanotm
Pro

oh yeah I also had a company car and a phone and all sorts of other things but they were more of a detractor (as I was always required to use them at ungodly hours of the day with zero advanced notice) I suppose in hindsight the best perk of the job was the free pension (as I'm limited to it as my sole income source now) although in truth the job itself was a perk, never knew what the day would bring
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

Two particularly spring to mind:
Mortgage subsidy (I worked in a bank, but not a retail one that supplied mortgages, so they gave a subsidy) when I got married back in the seventies.
Company car (I had these most of my working life as they were needed for the job) but with petrol paid and ALL my family insured, even the kids when they were at Uni and under 21!
For a few years that was extremely useful. Big taxable benefit though.  Shocked
Community Veteran

Being posted to Dar-es-Salaam.
Then being told I had a company car, (Land Cruiser),  parked outside the London office, given the keys, and a wedge of dollars, a Dover-Calais ticket and 3 months to get there.
Community Veteran

First Class rail travel and a company Amex card!  Cheesy
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran

Working for a consumer electronics company means we can often get to purchase some of the latest gadgets to find out just how good/useful they are truly are, mostly to find out they are not that great, which is useful because you then do not waste your own money on them.
Business Travel - it has been mentioned by a few, but mostly travelling for business is not much fun if you have specific tasks to get done, so it means you can be working all hours to do that. If you are away purely for meetings during office hours, that may be different as you at least can get out in the evenings a little.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Community Veteran

Quote from: godsell4
Business Travel - it has been mentioned by a few, but mostly travelling for business is not much fun if you have specific tasks to get done, so it means you can be working all hours to do that. If you are away purely for meetings during office hours, that may be different as you at least can get out in the evenings a little.
I've generally considered business travel a drudge and got thoroughly fed up with staying in hotels.
I can only really recall two trips that had any pleasurable sightseeing element in them out of literally hundreds!
One was a 3-day trip to Istanbul where the local subsidiary really looked after us between the business activities. Stayed in the Pera Pallas and saw loads of the city guided by locals.
The other was Paris, which I used to visit regularly for several days at a time. But one trip was a long training course over about 10 days so I got plenty of sightseeing in that time.
Two weeks in Leeds staying in a concrete blockhouse hotel near Cleckheaton one February was probably the worst.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Perks I've had.. if you can call them that..
Civil Service pension.. but when i had my forecast it was worthless so i didn't worry about leaving the job lol.
Free parking.. all over a city and two towns  Cheesy  (even now i can park in many car parks all over the country for free.. except i never go out  Roll eyes)
I think thats about it really. It's shocking how many employers do not want to keep their staff sweet these days.. and yet they'll then try to claim to be a great employer to work for  Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Dirt cheap mortgage is probably the best one I get although I get BIK taxed on it Sad
Fee free banking
Decent Pension
Free shares
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

as a ex forces i would say my perks were FREE Scuba diving in Malta & free fall parachuting in the USA  , i wanted to try paragliding but wasnt allowed it had just started and was considered dangerous Smiley
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .