cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned.

Fixes: 123

Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned.

Yet another pregnant 'celebrity' has posed for a nude photoshoot, this time it's Mariah Carey.
Am I alone in not actually wanting to see these pictures?
Don't get me wrong, a pregnant woman is beautiful and sexy but I think it's something to be shared only by the mother and father of the baby. At least, that's how I felt when we were expecting my daughter.
Does anyone else agree or have another stand on this?
Edit :  Wasn't sure whether is was acceptable to post a link here.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

7 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned.

Mav - I would hope that it is acceptable because as a female I totally and 100% agree with you.  This 'glorification' of pregnancy is just not necessary IMO.  Women have been having babies much more discretely in the past and got on very nicely thank you.  I do wonder if some of this is behind the never-ending rise of teenage pregnancies.  Young girls are so influenced by celebrity these days. 
The other one that I disliked was the sculpture of the torso of the pregnant thalidomide woman that is displayed somewhere in the capital.  I see no beauty in it whatsoever.
There is a photographic studio near where I live and they do photographs of 'baby bumps' - why?  They are also making casts of them! 
Next we have the impending birth of Posh to have thrust upon us in the news.  I mean, is it really of any importance?  She has made such a case for wanting a female child that I have a sneaking suspicion that there might have been some medical 'manipulation' there. 
Mariah Carey must be short of cash, in love with herself or just plainly an exhibitionist IMO.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: poppy

Mariah Carey must be short of cash, in love with herself or just plainly an exhibitionist IMO.

Or possibly talked into it by her agent  Sad
Agree with you, ....................also don't like the 'emailing' of 'unborn baby scans' to announce an expected baby, seems to be happening a lot recently, getting almost competitive
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Mav
Yet another pregnant 'celebrity' has posed for a nude photoshoot, this time it's Mariah Carey.

How sik, that is just wrong to me.
Fixes: 123

[quote=Life & style]"I was feeling very vulnerable about taking pictures at all right now, but then I didn't want to miss this opportunity to document this once-in-a-lifetime experience," Mariah exclusively tells Life & Style. "My ultimate goal was to share this incredibly personal moment with my true fans."
Look out for the video of the birth Crazy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Steve
Pro

If Its better than her singing then Its not so bad mav Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I think it is a "feminist" thing.....  Cheesy

it is a way of "getting at " the male ego..... like saying...
. "Yah boo.... Yer can`t do this better than me, even if you think men are better at women on most things"..
Grin
My personal point of view.... of course.!  Roll eyes
pierre_pierre
Grafter

getting as bad as the BBC2 at 20:00 tonight, think the already did the Pig earlier  Smiley Smiley