cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People in glass houses…

Community Veteran
Fixes: 43

People in glass houses…

As we are all aware the current POTUS has made many a tweet remarking on the failings and inabilities of others or indeed whole countries but with the recent mass shootings in America its time he put his own house in order before decrying others.

Have you seen this  It's a shocking eye opener to the reality of living in the USA.

8 REPLIES 8
RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 4

Re: People in glass houses…

Crazy ... time to drag out the old 'only in America' cliche.

Fixes: 321

I fear there is no hope for those who worship the gun.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 69.0.3 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Champnet
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Anyone visiting the States will soon realise the people believe they have two irrefutable rights.

The right to bear arms and the right to cheap petrol. It’s going to take a massive shift of public opinion and attitude to make any changes in the gun laws. Can’t see it happening any time in the near future...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 43

That is very much the case regardless of what side of the fence you are on. Some will argue that in states where citizens are allowed to carry guns then the possibility of a ‘mass’ shooting is reduced as they have the potential to be taken out by a gun carrying citizen.

But on the other hand, in the frenzy that must ensue in such an activity citizen B might watch citizen A sighting their gun and shoot them in the belief that they are the perpetrator.

I know, this country has its issues, there’s no denying that, but I’d rather take my chances living here than anywhere in the US of A.

However, should the POTUS want to leave a legacy that has the potential to save lives of future generations, irrespective of how unfavourable it may be to the majority then it’s time to act. But sadly we all know that will never happen.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Likely to gets worse rather than any improvement in the near future, as more people get guns, ordinary people who would not normally want to carry a gun may be tempted to do so.

Even if there was a ban there are so many guns out there it's unlikely it would have any effect but I agree countries need to get their own house in order before commenting on others.

Our problem is knife crime, with increasing numbers of usually younger people carrying one for ' Protection'...but that's another topic.

Highlighted
DaveyH
All Star
Fixes: 11

@Mook wrote:

As we are all aware the current POTUS has made many a tweet remarking on the failings and inabilities of others or indeed whole countries but with the recent mass shootings in America its time he put his own house in order before decrying others.

Have you seen this  It's a shocking eye opener to the reality of living in the USA.

I'd wager the culprits of the two shootings are far right Trump supporters emboldened by his xenophobic and racist rhetoric....

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@DaveyH 

Spot on!

Quote from the Washington Post...

Authorities in El Paso have not announced a motive in what they call an act of domestic terrorism, but at the center of their investigation is an anti-immigrant manifesto. Officials believe the shooter posted it shortly before he opened fire but continue to investigate.

Patrick Crusius has been named as the suspect.

Portions of the 2,300-word essay, titled “The Inconvenient Truth,” closely mirror Trump’s rhetoric, as well as the language of the white nationalist movement, including a warning about the “Hispanic invasion of Texas.”

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

The US presidential election campaign has all but started, and the winner won't be any candidate that wants to implement gun control.