cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pensioners to strike

nadger
Rising Star

Pensioners to strike

In line with TUC conference call I suggest that we all refuse to get any older until our pensions are increased  Lips are sealed
That will mean that they'll have to keep paying us for ever  Roll eyes
19 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Pensioners to strike

oh yeah, that'll work.
Fixes: 47

Worth a try Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11258071
or just don't tell them you're dead  Grin
thisoldman
Grafter

Whats the problem?

The Pope arrives thursday and we are all promised a 1000 blessings and eternal life.
Excuse me whilst I puke.  Now iv nothing against the Pope but his tour of the uk is costing us taxpayers £7 million . Why should we pay for this.
He and his cronies are staying in a 900£ a night hotel, food and drink extra.
Lets hope he visits sheffield and blesses plusnet .
On sunday on songsofpraise, right at the start of  the program dedicated to his visit, some women screamed, his visit will enrich all the uk people and we will all be  fullfilled with wonderfull blessings.
I thought, thats nuts so |I foned broadmoor and told them one of your patients is on bbc tv now.
They said  , you idiot that show was recorded months ago and we have recaptured her. When are you due back here?  cheeky cows. lol
In an age of austerity can we afford to pay for the pope to galivant around our shores?
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: thisoldman
In an age of austerity can we afford to pay for the pope to galivant around our shores?
I suppose that if they divided the money equally amongst all we pensioners we could have a free 1st class stamp each  Roll eyes
Coming from a family of Covenanters I'd best refrain from commenting further  Wink
thisoldman
Grafter

nadger: its a disgrace he is visiting gb. Who invited him?
The mod of the church of scot does not go galivanting around nor does the arch of canterbury.

Is he afraid to visit belgium
bless you all Cheesy.
nadger
Rising Star

Long live the Church of Scotland - got me out of many church parades when I was in the Army  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Quote from: thisoldman
Excuse me whilst I puke.   Now iv nothing against the Pope but his tour of the uk is costing us taxpayers £7 million . Why should we pay for this.
He and his cronies are staying in a 900£ a night hotel, food and drink extra.
Unfortunately according to today's Times that isn't correct.
The four day trip, during which Pope Benedict will visit Scotland and England is forecast to cost at least £22 million, even before policing and security are counted, and comes five weeks before draconian cuts to public spending are announced
nadger
Rising Star

I noticed this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11280797
Bet they don't meet each other
PS -  SWMBO is a Catholic and we were married in a Catholic church.
thisoldman
Grafter

txs Oldjim      that makes things a 1000 times worse . what is the purpose of the visit.?  Is he going to tell the faithful something new.
Is he  joining plusnet?

The whole thing is one big expensive farce and like most uk farces its the mugs like you and me who end up paying for it.
Have the italian lunatics never heard of webpods or other internet devices.
900£ a night in a hotel    ...........stinks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Isn`t this, "just another state visit".....?  where one head of state pays a "courtesy call" on another head of state.......
topics of discussion over the 7 course "official dinner"....  probably range from.....
"I wonder how we can help the starving people in ......."(name any 5, third world countries)
through .......  Don`t you think that the rich shall inherit the world?  ..... or did I get that wrong somwhere?
passing further down the line..... Our church owns more land in other countries, than it does at home......  (Either Vatican city state, or the whole of Italy).....
and probably including.... How much did you say the Pakistan flood appeal raised?.... huh... not much when you consider the Roman Catholic Church, is the richest religion in the world.... (probably)
nadger
Rising Star

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I understand he was invited by HM the Queen.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
nadger
Rising Star

Perhaps he took " pop in for tea and bickies with Phil & me" too literally  Cry
Wonder if he'll tell her about his time in the Hitler youth Roll eyes
I'm not anti-Catholic but Papa Benny has no charisma  Sad