Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paywall please.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Paywall please.

As if there is not enough rubbish being spouted online by a certain right wing tabloid rag (you know who you are Wink) we now have another one to contend with - the infamous Sun.

Time to put that paywall back up, please!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2329608/second-coming-of-jesus-to-spark-new-years-eve-apocalypse-and-w...

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Paywall please.

We usually get, 'The end of the world warnings' several times a year from various people who suffer from delusions the only thing in their favour is that the world will really end one day and many will get to see that mushroom cloud just before it does.

beeceegee
Rising Star

Do these nutjobs ever notice that their predictions don't actually come true? Otoh The Donald is doing his best to ensure that they do Crazy2

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Who knows.

We had some bloke in america a few years ago predicting the world would end, it didn't then he said he'd miscalculated (calculations that nobody gets to see) and it would definitely happen on another date... it didn't... Then there was nostradamous.. the world was to end in 2000.. it didn't.. in fact there have been loads of religious predictions - all saying that we need to repent and turn ourselves over to god. Then nothing happens.. so you have to wonder if they're the real sinners for trying to scare everyone into a religion they don't fancy.

I'm christian (technically) and used to attend church regularly as a kid but as i've got older things like the age of the planet and the dinosaurs made no sense. How is there so much disease? How are we seeing the middle east being so cruel to its own people? How can so many religions have so many gods? None of it makes any logical sense.

The thread i posted recently about a bulgarian psychic - baba vanga had me spooked.. until i realised it may well be Kremlin spin put out on the internet along with various other faked stories that turn up on google to back it up.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Minivanman
Hero

There again, it could all make perfect sense and the dinosaurs only died out because they could not fit into that Ark.

"I think they are going to need a bigger boat" Wink  

No matter how crazy, preposterous or loony something is folks will always believe it - usually because they lack something in their lives or they cannot face reality.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Steve
Pro

You know when we are in the ' End Times ' when you are sat in front of the sun lol

198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Nora said...   ... the world was created 6,039 years ago.

Yeah right...   Roll eyes

Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

The world was bulldozed flat 6.039 years ago using the dung of a giant cockroach.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

And women are made from sand...

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Her calculation of the End Date being 6000 years after Creation stems from an extreme literal fundamentalist faith. It relies on calculations from events in the Old Testament, such as those by Bishop Ussher, who came up with 23 October 4004 B.C.

However, Jesus, never suggested a date, either for Creation or End.

Even I, probably despised by some here for being "religious", hesitant to call her a nutter, believe she is misled.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.