cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Paypal

Like most users of Paypal I got an e-mail today regarding various legal changes, good of them to notify me but I wondered if any users of Paypal bother reading all this stuff.?
Anyone had the patience to read it ?
I Got halfway through and just gave up.
16 REPLIES
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Paypal

I am still yet to get to the best bits (so to speak)
However I think unless one has to read it's entirety, for (lets say legal reasons) then bite-sized chunks over a (set your own pace time span) would be sufficient
nadger
Rising Star

Yet to start reading my copy.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The last time I tried reading that lot my text reader crashed.
Community Veteran

I intended to read it but haven't got round to it yet. Will get to do it sometime. Haven't they given a list of the changes to make it easier?
Devonian
Grafter

I refuse to use Paypal.
They think they are god.
They steal/withhold your money for no good reason, and try to operate under American laws, even though they are doing business in the UK.
Paypal are evil! 
Like Amazon!  Angry
Community Veteran

PayPal that is used in the EU is a Luxembourg company which is seperate of the US PayPal:
PayPal (Europe) S.á r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., Société en Commandite par Actions. Registered office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg, R.C.S. Luxembourg B 118 349.
Devonian
Grafter

Same company, different registered address.
nadger
Rising Star

Used them for over 10 years and not had any problems.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@ nadger..... ditto  !...
The thing is,  if you don`t agree with the t&c`s you can`t use Paypal !.. so it is a mute point that they are advising users... the company dictates the terms of business in just the same way as banks, garages, solicitors, finance company, insurances..... so we just have to live with it...
Community Veteran

I too have never had a problem with PayPal.
They have solved problems with a couple of eBay traders for me by quickly getting refunds into my account!
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran

Not using PayPal also limits a buyers' options as many sellers will only accept payment via PayPal.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

indeed I wouldn't use ebay or some of the less than reliable websites if it wasn't for paypal, back when QXL was the only online auction site in the UK I got scammed 3 times in a month and there payment system was useless at helping, when Ebay launched over here with paypal though I haven't had a single bad experience with them (some disputes I didn't like the outcome of when they went against me but hey ho) there always reasonable and pretty fast at sorting things out.
the only thing I don't like so much with them is the fees for being a premier account holder when selling stuff .......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

http://news.sky.com/story/1244455/paypal-warns-users-over-sharing-computers
Two new sub-sections have been added amid a rise in PayPal usage by people using smartphones, tablets and other portable devices, heightening the risk of misuse by people other than the rightful owner.
The first clause relates to keeping personal account details up to date and the second to pin and password security.
The second clause adds that users must agree to "Take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal electronic device through which you access the Services (including, without limitation, using pin and/or password protected personally configured device functionality to access the Services and not sharing your device with other people)."
No exceptions are listed and owners are in breach of their user agreement if they do not adhere to the clause.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Pay by Visa and initiate a charge-back if they try to con you.
They hate that. Grin