cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal spoof

Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

Paypal spoof

Just received this ...   thought I would pass it on... note... the linky has been removed.

Dear Customer,

Due to the last update in our databases , some accounts needs verification.

Please  click here to log in to your account and confirm the billing information .

Thank you

PayPal (Europe) S.a r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. Societe en Commandite par Actions Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

PayPal PPX000608:N/A:ddf1a1f5

4 REPLIES
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 45

Re: Paypal spoof

One big giveaway is the 'Dear Customer' salutation, Paypal always includes your name in an email.
I must have been really bad in a previous life as this was my 3rd ISP in a row that used lithium.
Now you're stuck with me because my new ISP doesn't run a forum Cheesy
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Common also is that computer generated Dear 'first and second name' which always irritates.

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
TeeGee
Rising Star

There is also a current Paypal text scam with a message saying you have made a payment. If not click here to cancel it - and of course provide all your log in details!  Beware.

John_Hull
Rising Star

I'm getting lots of requests at the moment to verify details and check privacy updates, as businesses prepare for the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), and that makes it so much easier to get drawn into scams like this one.

John