Did you mean: 

Paypal scam email

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

Paypal scam email

Note to Mods...... please disable any links as you see fit

Just received the following ....

Recently we have limited your account access due suspected and illegal uses.
Please Check your account as soon as you can by Clicking the button below

If you ignore this email this account will be Officially Permanently disabled the next 24 hours.. .

Have forwarded the "source" to spoof@paypal ...

No.. I have not clicked on any links

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Suspect link removed.

10 REPLIES 10
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Paypal scam email

You can also report them to https://safebrowsing.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/?hl=en

Hovering over the link shows it is not linking to Paypal, but to a potentially hacked domain.

Mark

twocvbloke
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Got a couple of these in my spam filter trap, both to the wrong address (I use a separate email for ebay & paypal)...

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@shutter 

Thanks for the heads up. 😃

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@shutter wrote:

Just received the following ....

Recently we have limited your account access due suspected and illegal uses.
Please Check your account as soon as you can by Clicking the button below

If you ignore this email this account will be Officially Permanently disabled the next 24 hours.. .

Used to get these a lot but they were always addressed to the email account that wasn't used for Paypal..... I don't do Paypal anymore. Just create a rule for it to get it automatically deleted. For companies that I do use, like Amazon etc, I use a dedicated email address. yet to have a scam come in. And the day it does, I'll just create another email address. But even then, plain text for me. That way no links to click on get displayed. Saves a lot of grief.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

I use Gmail and it seems to do a good job of filtering out scam emails as I have no additional apps on my tablet to filter out stuff.

@shutter but thanks for highlighting this as these scammers seem to come up with more wonderful ways of trying to extract our hard earned cash out of our pockets.

How long before one of those ‘Alexa’ or similar products suddenly announces to users Phone X number or your lights will go out in the next hour..

😀

We are born into history and history is born into us.
shutter
Community Veteran

I rarely get spam/phishing emails... so when one comes along....... easy to spot it.... and of course,.... pass it on for others to be made aware.

Champnet
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 7

@shutter  Maybe, so far, you’ve been lucky.
I’ve seen experts caught out when they should have known better.....

shutter
Community Veteran

@Champnet  Lucky?   No  ,......  that term does not apply to me, and never has... 

Vigilant.... careful.... yes... but... Lucky ?  Nah.... not me ...

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@gleneagles wrote:

I use Gmail and it seems to do a good job of filtering out scam emails as I have no additional apps on my tablet to filter out stuff.

How long before one of those ‘Alexa’ or similar products suddenly announces to users Phone X number or your lights will go out in the next hour..

😀

Alexa is spying on us,  it can understand our language and some people have it controlling their house so that it can tell when they are out. Anything connected to internet is not secure... Those CCTV camera thingies connected to internet are a gift to the bad guys,  everything on the internet works for good or evil, and the things people succumb to ( and the amount of money they pay ) for 'convenience' are amazing..

I use gmail as well, and I only occasionally get dodgy emails, but the problem is I don't trust google..

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@wotsup 

Did you catch that news item about those new fangled video door bells being hacked?

We warn and rail about Big Brother (well I do) but now we open our doors to him - literally.

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.