Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal & PN

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

PayPal & PN

Has PN ever heard of PayPal...?

Just think no more problem with paying bills.....

🤓

We are born into history and history is born into us.
5 REPLIES 5
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 31

Re: PayPal & PN

I'm sure they have.

No doubt they've heard of BACS too, but they won't use it.

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Why should they? They accept direct debit which also means no more problems (if you have the money in your account) and you can do a recurring card payment. Paypal is the devil in disguise and I try to avoid using it if at all possible. Smaller transactions not so bad, but you lose your consumer protection on larger amounts.

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

@Marksfish 

Fair enough....but not everyone can pay by direct debit.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

True, but i'm sure even the basic bank accounts have a DD facilitiy? Paypal still has to be loaded somehow, either by credit card or bank transfer, so if you have the facilities to load up Paypal you also have DD facilities?

twocvbloke
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I have a Cashplus account (other similar services are available) with a pre-paid Mastercard, and that account does all my direct debits now (since lloyds introduced their daily fee thing for overdraft use, it made DDs hard when I forgot their penny-pinching took away just enough to make a DD fail), and you can top up or deposit into the account at the post office, so that's a decent solution to the problem of no bank account... 🙂

Well, so long as the post offices remain open to pay money into (though, that begs the question of where is the money being paid from??) during the pandemic season that is, in my case I just transfer from Lloyds to Cashplus, rarely needing to use the PO pay-in option, but have done it a few times to date...