cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay reduction for staff !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Pay reduction for staff !

Seems like a number of Health authorities have got together and proposed a reduction of 5% in pay for all staff earning above £21,000 PA along with a reorganization.
Personally I do not see this happening, what I think will happen is that a reorganization will take place and those unfortunate not to get a job will be the ones who have been outspoken in the past or considered future trouble makers. Those who do get a job will be told how lucky they are and to stay in line if they wish to keep it, along with that will be no pay rise for the next few years as the health Authority cannot afford it.
The reason why I don't think a reduction of 5% in pay will go ahead as there would be considerable anger amongst those groups who had been forced to take a pay cut if there were other groups who were excused for some reason, although I accept a pay freeze is a indirect reduction in pay.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Pay reduction for staff !

I can't see this working as a lot of NHS pay arrangements are nationally negotiated.
GrahamC
Grafter

Re: Pay reduction for staff !

I fell foul of this practice a few years ago. They will probably find that a number of contracts will not be renewed, but readvertised at a much lower rate.