Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patients need rest not antibiotics ?

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Patients need rest not antibiotics ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41696236

Not sure how this will go down with our employers because most employers don't like staff taking sick and then what about all those who don't get sick pay Huh but are told to rest by the doctor Huh I think i would rather have antibiotics than go off on sick.

Which would you pick ? ( off sick or take antibiotics and get back to work ) ? Crazy2

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
4 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Patients need rest not antibiotics ?

It seems today that profits come before health.

When I worked I would try to struggle in unless what I had was contagious at the time (why pass it on to your colleagues) or I truly felt too ill to travel.

I rarely took antibiotics but during those times I did then I was often too ill to work so went sick.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Most people are taking antibiotics along with many other things and unaware of it.

Eat meat, drink milk or have any meat products and there is a chance that the animal it has come from has been treated with antibiotics along with a few other things.

NB: Yes I do eat meat.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

St3 wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41696236

Not sure how this will go down with our employers because most employers don't like staff taking sick and then what about all those who don't get sick pay Huh but are told to rest by the doctor Huh I think i would rather have antibiotics than go off on sick.

Which would you pick ? ( off sick or take antibiotics and get back to work ) ? Crazy2

It's a odd question because if you had a condition that could not be treated by antibiotics but you talked the doctor into prescribing them you would still not be able to get back to work as you would still be ill ?

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Antibiotics are a precious resource, and using them to cure minor ailments, some of which may not be treatable with them, is a heinous crime. People are too short term in their views. We are in danger of a future in which even minor operations are too dangerous, when the drugs become too compromised.

The modern work culture of nothing can stop someone working, led by drug companies and unrealistic bosses, who expect 120% performance has to end; it being a cause of prescriptions for everything.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.