cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passports & work visa`s to enter Yorkshire ? ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yorkshire has a bigger economy than ELEVEN EUROPEAN COUNTRIES... and is considering devolution and "Home Rule"... The population is about as big, or bigger than, Scotland !..  so will that mean us "outsiders" will need to have Work Visa`s and a form of "passport control" at the borders  ? ?  

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/864043/yorkshire-independence-autonomy-mayor-cabinet-yorkshire-part...

I wonder if it will have an impact on the export of such delicacies as Yokshu puddin`.... Pontefract Cakes,  Yokshu Tea... and Whitby Jet,.... Rowntrees, and Terry`s Chocolates...  ? ? ? ?

29 REPLIES
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Passports & work visa`s to enter Yorkshire ? ?

@shutter

You forgot Haribo's, made in Pontefract, yummy..  Roll eyes and if tha wants some good old yorkshire goodies, ah cun send thi sum at 'mates rates'

And don't forget, we could always declare independence. Funny

As for import licence, only one sentence needed.."If it's not fit for Yorkshire folk, tha cun shove it"

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Fixes: 47

Fly Yorkshire Airlines.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

@Strat  Are they still operating?  I thought they were taken over by Monarch !...

Community Veteran

Ee bah gum  !   Geoffrey Boycott for king....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4964662/Yexit-ruddy-time.html

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

you wont be able to call Yorkshire pudding , Yorkshire unless its made here Thumbs Up  its our trademark Cheesy

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I don't see why not... as long as it works both ways

Edit: something has gone wrong with the reply formatting. I didn't ask for any of the above formatting bold or size. Or the OP subject size or font. Nor can I change it. Its not the first time in the last couple of days replies have changed by themselves.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

All this would mean - if it ever happened, and I doubt it would - is more jumped-up mini politco's being paid silly money from OUR pockets to do absolutely nothing of any worth.

John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

As an inhabitant of Derbyshire, I reckon there should be a visa required for anyone wanting to leave Yorkshire Wink  I also believe Hadrian's Wall should be rebuilt, purely as a tourist attraction of course.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

@AlaricAdair As I'm 'emigrating' to Sussex for a fortnight, maybe I should get a fast-track visa Smiley - fortunately, I do have a valid passport.

John
Steve
Pro

AlaricAdair wrote:

I also believe Hadrian's Wall should be rebuilt

This ain't Mexico. You been watching to much Trump TV?

Community Veteran

Thanks Strat,

I remember that sketch now from Hale and Pace.

Still good.

Community Veteran

rongtw wrote:

you wont be able to call Yorkshire pudding , Yorkshire unless its made here Thumbs Up  its our trademark Cheesy

Seems like you are correct..... ( aunt bessies is a company in Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire )... ( Aunt Bessie's   Freightliner Road   Hull  HU3 4UW

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-4969498/Good-Housekeeping-Institute-taste-tests-Yorks...

Pete11
Pro

And don't forget, the Rhubarb Triangle is also in Yorkshire. Yorkshire Forced Rhubarb traditionally grown and harvested by candlelight in "forcing sheds", has joined the ranks of champagne and Parma ham on a list of Europe's specially-protected food and drink by the European Commission. Also has been awarded PDO status to Yorkshire (PDO = Protected Designation of Origin).  Thumbs Up

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

We mustn't forget of course; Would-be travellers from Yorkshire will need to pass an English language test. This may prove a challenge for some...

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.