cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass the brown sauce

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Pass the brown sauce

I'm not a great reader of restaurant reviews. But did anybody else happen to read the Jan Moir review of Heather Mills Brighton-Hove vegan restaurant in todays Daily Mail?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1298224/Our-carnivorous-critic-went-butchers-Heather-Mills...
I'm not a vegan or a veggie for that matter but, I don't think I'll be hurrying there with my vegan daughter...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
28 REPLIES
thisoldman
Grafter

Re: Pass the brown sauce

Hi Pet.  H mills is full of  (censored)...No wonder Paul got shot of her.  She really is a nasty wee piece of    censored. Someday, someone might explain to her the difference between truth and lies.
Community Veteran

What a dreadful review.  I wouldn't eat this type of food anyway but if it's anything to do with HM then that would certainly put me off completely.  Sounds absolutely horrible Sad
thisoldman
Grafter

I fully agree artmo.  Just reading the review gave me the skids
Community Veteran

Just enjoyed a delicious (home cooked) plate of liver and bacon. But, we did have an element of PC as we had new potatoes with it instead of the more usual chips...which of course are bad for you!!
Next week, Kidney's Turbigo.
Eat your heart out Heather.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Liver for me also tonight.  I bought some calves' liver as a treat.  Having it with a salad and a few glasses of red wine Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I`m not a veggie, either...... BUT..... how anyone can eat the liver of an animal is beyond comprehension.....
Do you realise just what function that part of the body actually performs? ? ? 
Not 100% sure myself, but someone said it filters out all the disgusting stuff the rest of the body makes, and then produces a liquid which is passed into the toilet....
UGH !... YUK....  (sorry if you have just had liver for your tea ! ! )  Grin
Community Veteran

I remember wandering into a bit of a non-tourist area in Puerto-de-la-Cruz on Tenerife, where the locals ate liver raw, something of a delicacy around the Canaries I believe...but I think there are other parts of the world where various bits of meat are eaten raw.
We were camping in Devon once, we had finished a BBQ dinner and the coals were still very hot. The father of French family came over and asked if they could use the dying heat of the BBQ to cook their lamb, to which we happily agreed. Whereupon, he produced half-a-dozen lamb chops that must have been an inch and a half thick. He laid them on the grill for no more than a minute each side, pronounced them cooked to perfection, thanked us profusely and took away the almost raw chops for his family to enjoy.
I don't like my meat over-cooked, but these examples are too much for me. 

pierre_pierre
Grafter

try a filet américain  Filet americain
Community Veteran

Where do Oysters feature in this assessment?
As they are usually still alive they beat Steak Tartare "into a cocked hat" as the saying goes.
Had a couple the other day as part of a rather nice seafood lunch in "one of the worlds best restaurants" - a special holiday treat.  Shocked
(mind you my salad was also alive....)
Community Veteran

Always keen to find a new seafood restaurant.  Where did you go?
alanb
Grafter

I love liver cooked in the Italian style. That is, sliced very thinly, and pan-fried. It melts in the mouth.
Community Veteran

A few months ago went to the Company Shed for a delicious seafood lunch.  It's in West Mersea, Essex.  It's a very basic place and you take your own wine and bread but the seafood is so fresh and the atmosphere laid back.  Their seafood platter is out of this world.
Company Shed
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
Where did you go?

Three Chimneys.
Not exactly somewhere you can drop in on when you're passing.  Grin
In a totally different seafood style The Magpies Cafe is brilliant, been there several times.  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Is that the Magpies in Whitby?  It's a great town for seafood.  I come from Bridlington and when I go back I often drive up to Whitby.  Where's the Three Chimneys?