Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Party political broadcasts

TTman
All Star
Fixes: 1

Party political broadcasts

Does anyone know why we are getting party political broadcasts on TV at the moment??? Are we havig another GE and nobadies told us?HuhAngryShocked

36 REPLIES 36
jab1
Hero
Fixes: 22

Re: Party political broadcasts

No idea, @TTman  - as I never watch TV live, such crud bypasses me. 😀 If you see one, if you can stand the pain, have a listen - it may give you a clue.🤣

John
TTman
All Star

@jab1 Missed the one last night but mrs told me it was on. Saw part of tonights by the greens but it seemed to have been written by a 5year old so gaveup and went to make coffee. Just hoped someone would know as I never watch them and dont intend to start now.Crazy3

jab1
Hero

Totally understand what you're saying, @TTman - and PPB's ARE written by 5 year olds, unlees it is the Green party, then they use 2 year olds.😂

John
jab1
Hero

@TTman Just a thought. I wonder if it is anything to do with 'COP26' - the climate-change circus scheduled for November in Glasgow?

I know it's a long way off, but we all know how much they like to prattle on.

John
Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Here we go again; thousands of people flying from all corners of the world, this time to Glasgow, to tell us that we should fly less.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

More party political broadcasts?

Can't say I've noticed to be honest, but maybe I'm getting confused with all this Labour leadership malarkey which for the moment at least I've lost all interest in. 

'Bring it on Boris' seems to be the mood of the moment.

@jab1 

To Glasgow in particular, or just flying generally. 😂

No supporter of higher flyers but worth remembering that on the scale of things, as a proportion of world oil consumption aircraft use far less than cars and trucks although granted, its risen at an astronomical rate (no pun intended) over recent years. 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Some need a cause in their life, if it was not climate change it would be something else.

What ever cause people choose to back or follow I have no problem with it.....unless it starts to affect my life in a negative way.

Fortunately at my age what is happening is unlikely too have much effect on me but future generations will look back and ask why did we allow this to happen.

jab1
Hero

@Minivanman I know it's a bit early in the morning, so maybe my brain-cell isn't functioning properly, but I can't understand your edit.🤔

John
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@jab1 

The bit about flying?

Just joking by asking if flying generally was the problem, or just flying to Glagow. 😃

jab1
Hero

@Minivanman OK, got you.👍

Although I think your comment should have been aimed at @Jonpe 

John
Highlighted
wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@Minivanman wrote:

No supporter of higher flyers but worth remembering that on the scale of things, as a proportion of world oil consumption aircraft use far less than cars and trucks although granted, its risen at an astronomical rate (no pun intended) over recent years. 

Problem is that aircraft dump the pollution where it does most harm,  high in the atmosphere where the action of sunlight get to work on it. Too many people these days ( especially younger generation ) just nip on a plane for £40 for a few days holiday and that cannot be good.   Seems to me that ships with their thick, high sulphur bunker oil are really bad polluters,  but who sees them belching black sulphurous smoke miles from land - and when they get near land they normally get towed by tugs.

Personally I think party political broadcasts are a really bad form of pollution - when they  appear on telly I switch them off real quick before the lounge gets full of hot air and bullsh1t.....

Fixes: 394

I caught sight of the start of the Greens one last night and thought it was a promo for a new Cbeebies show so I went and made a coffee.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 73.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 30

@wotsup wrote:

Seems to me that ships with their thick, high sulphur bunker oil are really bad polluters,  but who sees them belching black sulphurous smoke miles from land - and when they get near land they normally get towed by tugs.

In all my years at sea, when some of my watchkeeping time was on the bridge, I do not recall seeing ANY ship belching black sulphurous smoke miles from land..

(edit,.... I did spend a lot of my off watch time on the bridge or on the bridge roof. flag deck or upper deck, so it was not "limited" to on watch time... )

I presume you  have had a different experience with your sea time.... when was that?  and what seas/oceans did you sail on ?

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@jab1 

You are right of course, getting my J's mixed up.

Memo to self: Don't tap text in the early hours!