cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parents warned to watch out for child snatchers after FIVE attempted abductions

TORPC
Grafter

Parents warned to watch out for child snatchers after FIVE attempted abductions

[quote= http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/parents-warned-watch-out-child-4467423]Kids were approached in three incidents in Manchester while two mums reported their children were stalked in supermarkets in Glasgow
Parents are being warned to be extra vigilant after FIVE attempted child abductions in two major UK cities.
In Manchester, police are hunting for four men after three incidents in broad daylight in the space of a few hours this weekend.
Meanwhile in Glasgow, two mums say they were targeted by potential child snatchers while shopping with their kids in the supermarket.
The first incident in Manchester saw a man in a Land Rover or Range Rover approach kids playing on two roads in Abbey Hey, asking them where they lived. He was black and about 40.
Shortly afterwards, two men pulled up next to an 11-year-old girl as she jogged in Blackley, telling her they had been sent to take her home.
Both were white, aged around 30 and with long black hair. Their car was a small, old, dark green hatchback.
And then a man was spotted taking pictures of young girls as they played on swings in Clayton Memorial Park.
He wore a red cap, appeared confused and told the children he was 12 years old.
Police are keeping an open mind on whether the incidents are linked.

You all know my thoughts on what we should do to these perpetrator(s)
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Parents warned to watch out for child snatchers after FIVE attempted abductions

When I read something like this I wonder how much is true?
Taking pictures of kids is now a heinous crime.
Pushing your shopping trolley past a few kids a couple of times, you must be stalking them.
When I was young I made up lots of excuses while I was late coming home.
Today's favourite excuse must be the the bad man tried to get me in his car. There there have a big bar of chocolate to get over the shock.
Maybe some of the incidents are true but that doesn't mean they weren't entirely innocent or misunderstood.
Fixes: 47

Re: Parents warned to watch out for child snatchers after FIVE attempted abductions

A friend of mine was asked to leave a park play area while taking pictures of his daughter on a swing....unfortunately other children were in the area and within shot of his camera.
He was eventually allowed to stay when his daughter verified that her dad was who he said he was.....each was asked the name of the mother.
The attendant said "we can't be too careful these days"
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Punishing the innocent to deter a tiny minority.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.