Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parents say they see the whole pic but they see only what they want to see

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Parents say they see the whole pic but they see only what they want to see

So my parents have a family gathering today ....... drinks, singing......dancing........... etc ..... my nepthew dont want to join because he wants to be on his own in his room of np....

But my parents say his xbox is to blame stopping him from being social HuhHuhHuh ehhhhh ?

They say if it was not for his xbox he would be with family having fun singing,dancing.... etc.

So i say xbox is not to blame and that all new tech is too blame, my parents say the xbox is too addictve and makes kids not wanna leave the room.

So i say a tv is doing the same ... as it offers films, etc so no need to visit the cinema......... im told thats different and xbox and pc games are to blame for people not wanting to mix with others.

So i say whats the difference ....... you sit down every day glued to a tv and waiting until the next day for more of what u been watching?

parents say that is different and that gaming wrecks peoples lives...... aRGHHHHHHHHH

I say all new tech wrecks lives, it makes people sit in more and it puts people out of jobs, watching a tv every day is no different to playing games everyday.

Also since the tv came out everyone choose to sit in and watch tv rather than go out so this is at fault tooo.

I think all new tech is too blame but my parents blame the xbox and other consoles.

Does my nut in because, facebook and many other  media sites help keep people inside.

I said when i go for a meal with wife i leave my pc at home and dont use my phone when we out together, but she uses hers all the time " just logged into hard rock cafe  " " eating burgers with chips " " on our way home from night out ".So its ok for people to use new tech for eating out or watching movies... i dont think so.

28 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Parents say they see the whole pic but they see only what they want to see

Ste Tech is just a excuse , we dint have it years ago so they just blamed it on the music ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I blame old people who want to sing and dance to dodgy old tunes that make young 'uns feel mortifyingly embarrassed to be related to them... Crazy

Fixes: 50

I can't sing and I'll pass on the dancing.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

Fixes: 142

In the early 80's (when I was in my twenties) video players were blamed for the lack of attandance in cinemas and pre-cooked meals were blamed for people not going to restaurants.

Yet then, as now, restaurants are still busy. I think there are probably more screens today than back in the 70's/80's when you take in multiplexes yet they seem just a busy at times and just as empty at others.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Personally I think it is ignorant for anyone irrespective of age to be sitting at a table with others and constantly be using a phone unless they are dealing with an urgent call, if I was out with anyone doing that it would be the last time I would be out with them.

As for Christmas is it not supposed to be a family day ? How hard is it for children to give up the xbox for a few hours and spend a couple of hours doing what the rest of the family are doing, unless they are all using xboxes and then it would be fine.

There are times in life when people have (or should have) to understand life is not all about me, me & me. There are times when we have to think of others and realise our company and involvement may give them more pleasure that it does us but that life..

The other 364 left to next christmas is plenty of time left to use the x box.

Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 30

Well if it were me @St3 I’d simply turn their own argument against them. If they are saying that the console is to blame, tell them that you have spoken to your son nephew and he is going to watch the TV instead, while everyone else does their thing.

The mere idea of it is possibly making his flesh crawl, and forcing the issue isn’t going to help anyone. So with the parents of the opinion that the TV is acceptable then they have no argument when you tell them his new plans.

198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

St3 wrote:

So i say xbox is not to blame and that all new tech is too blame, my parents say the xbox is too addictve and makes kids not wanna leave the room.

I say his parents are to blame - clearly he wasn't brung up proper.

Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

They've correctly blamed the xbox... you've correctly blamed all tech... 

There is often more than one correct answer to an arguement.

The problem with people (parents specifically) is that they are never going to be proven wrong about anything especially if it puts them in the frame for something too. You can say the same thing about women. My missus drives me mad as she's NEVER wrong about anything even when i confront her with rock solid evidence to prove to the contrary.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Get your Nephew some dance lessons for his birthday, the physical interaction with other people will moderate his use of the game controller and teach him the confidence to, next time, dance better than the moaning relatives.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

But you all understand tho Wink i think my parents are getting old and grumpy lol

198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

It's one of the prerogatives of advancing years.  Smiley

Your turn will come...

Not young enough to know everything
Browni
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 37

Everybody gets old, grumpy is optional Grin
I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 4

When I get grumpy, I blame it on my age and get away with it. Grin

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Champnet
Rising Star

It’s a generation thing.......