cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Farce are bad but Ups the new Biscuit

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Parcel Farce are bad but Ups the new Biscuit

Waiting on a replacement Video card, it arrived in the Tamworth Ups depot last Friday.  It has taken them 4 days just to get it to Inverness, it was due to be delivered today but now its tomorrow as it was just scanned at the Inverness airport depot at 6.40pm.  Parcel force I take it all back we have a new useless courier Ups
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Parcel Farce are bad but Ups the new Biscuit

Try DPD.
Nice online tracking etc.
I did a "leave with neighbour if not in" request saying I would be out between 11-12 am. They RESCHEDULED the delivery for the next day when I was going to be out all day  Crazy
Mind you with Parcel Farce I had a malt delivery that I missed, it was noted as DELIVERED on the tracking. But they took it to the parcel office. Good job I was able to carry a 25Kg sack to my car  Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Hairy
Mind you with Parcel Farce I had a malt delivery that I missed, it was noted as DELIVERED on the tracking. But they took it to the parcel office. Good job I was able to carry a 25Kg sack to my car  Undecided

You should have got the bottled version.... much easier to carry... ! Cheesy
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

At the beginning of the year I had to send my 7mth old laptop back to HP for a new HHD. It had to go to Poland. It was out the house 48 working hours carried by UPS and I could track every minute of the day it was a brilliant service.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

We sent an item by UPS, which has gone missing.  The tracking all looked good, for it to be out for delivery on time.  We were told that it had only been scanned once at one of their hubs, and the rest of the tracking was added because they took a guess at which depots it should have been at and when it should be "out for delivery", based on it being next day delivery and the address it was going to.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Quote from: shutter

Doubt it mate, 25Kg makes 5*40 pints == 200 bottles or ~80L == 80Kg in weight if you use plastic bottles.  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

oh for, missed collection/delivery because the driver didn't knock  Lips are sealed  I am ready to hit someone
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Hairy
Quote from: shutter

Doubt it mate, 25Kg makes 5*40 pints == 200 bottles or ~80L == 80Kg in weight if you use plastic bottles.  Grin

Yah.... but...... you would not have had to carry them all at the same time.... !..  Roll eyes
WTF
Grafter

I once had a successful delivery and a failed delivery by the same courier company .. on the same day!
The driver decided he could find the house for one of parcel but not the other.
Can't recall which company it was .. whoever Google used to deliver phones 18 months ago.  Needless to say, it was the phone that wasn't delivered.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

The missus ordered some candles and had been sent via DPD/Interlink Express.
But no one in the house and had to re arrange delivery for tomorrow. She hopes it comes! I bloody hope so as it will be a hair tear out moment!!
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

according to the tracking info I had 3 deliveries from DPD except they hadn't actually been to my address that week, indeed when they checked there tracking system the van that recorded the delivery scans hadn't even been in the same town, 45 mins after I enquired about the location of my packages (complete with screen caps of there van's gps location)  they informed the sender that the items had been lost and I received replacements the following day, stuck to one of the packages was a letter with a cheque from DPD for £50, the letter said thanks for telling us about our corrupt employee please be assured his position has been terminated and please accept this token of our appreciation for your custom and restitution for the delay in receiving your items.....
some companies go out of there way, compare that to herpes or shitty link who give you verbal abuse when trying to complain about there failure to deliver and you can see why the larger companies are moving there business
jim:red Avoidance of swear filter removed mod:end
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you