cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Delivery Notice ( SCAM or SPAM/Virus )

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 45

Parcel Delivery Notice ( SCAM or SPAM/Virus )

Received the following to my "other" email address,... i.e. one I would not use for such as the subject of this message would imply...

Note.... I have not ordered anything from B.T...   ! ! !  (EVER ! ) ( well. apart from a phoneline connection ! ! ) ..

Note..... todays date is ........ ? ? ? ? ?   

Delivery date is  ......... ???????   

Text reads...

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

We'll deliver your BT parcel on

MONDAY

10th September 2018

Your parcel is on its way a 1 hour time slot has been selected for delivery once your parcel has been loaded on the van, usually by 1:00pm. Click run parcel track to get accurate delivery time or rearrange delivery.

Please note, our driver is unable to leave this item safe.

Run Parcel Track      (  Note..... this was a linky which I have replaced )....

Your parcel: 135031984321740

Download our app
Never miss a parcel delivery from your favourite DPDgroup companies, DPD Local and DPD.

Findout more     (  Note..... this was a linky which I have replaced )....

6 REPLIES 6
nozzer
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Parcel Delivery Notice ( SCAM or SPAM/Virus )

It has to be a scam. Poor English in places, and if you're not expecting anything it must be. Smiley

idonno
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

One reason ALL my email is read in plain text. I don't use HTML ever. Plain, boring even but it say exactly what it says.

Links display exactly what they say. I've had a few lately as well, DPD, Amazon.COM, latest one that keeps popping up is FedEx. But I do expect, as a minimum, more than "Hi there!"

Blocked!

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Googled  Parcel Track. Similar but not same names come up. Looks suspicious. Have you looked for full headers or message source data? Maybe it'll be called something else: my email is using Thunderbird.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 45

@Luzern   I have deleted it, after posting the text on here, for two reasons.... firstly " for the amusement of forum members" and second ,.. to educate those who are not too sure when they get this kind of thing.... It is a "new" type to me ! ..

The delivery date quoted is TEN DAYS ago !....

I have not ordered anything from BT

Both of these point to an obvious attempt to get me to "click the linky`s".... and suffer the consequences !.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

@shutter I was not suggesting opening such emails, but viewing them without opening, which some if not allow email clients allow. Message Source in Thunderbird, for example can be very informative.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
idonno
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@shutter That's the problem with HTML. The link might say rearrange delivery with say BT. Plain text says http://spamcompany etc etc

@Luzern I don''t even let mail get on to the computer via Thunderbird without seeing what it is. I use Mailwasher to check for mail and it leaves the mail on the server, only downloading the headers. That way I can see what it says and who it is from. I was going to 'upgrade' my version but I see it isn't quite as it used to be.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?