cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel lives (designated a google-link free topic)

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Parallel lives (designated a google-link free topic)

Though it might be nice to have a google link free chatty topic.
An acquaintance of mine, whom I haven’t known that long really and I, seem nearly every time we communicate to have spent parallel lives; we’re of similar age, both had a desire you join the armed forces from school, both married twice, neither of us has children of our own, from either marriage, we have step children we tolerate for a peaceful life. We have at some point lived in the same locality, and strangely seem to anticipate each others thoughts.
Spooky…
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
15 REPLIES
jmd
Grafter

Re: Parallel lives (designated a google-link free topic)

I think it interesting sometimes to compare notes with acquaintenances/friends and see what is similar.  Usually in my case in is nothing links but I have in the past sat at a Cafe table and found myself joined by someone who when you get into conversation find they have similar tastes to myself and then found out that they have even more simlarities. However, one of my friends moved down to Devon, well before I moved, and sent me photo of new furniture she had bought for lounge.  A few weeks before I had changed my furniture in lounge and we now had same!  But she did not know what I bought and vice versa!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

So which of you went out and changed the furniture you bought, then ?  Roll eyes Lips are sealed Roll eyes
jmd
Grafter

Neither of us!  but it just seemed odd that we picked the same things hundreds of miles away!
Community Veteran

That must be a "first" .... two women who have the same item, and neither of them changed it !  WoW ! Shocked Shocked Shocked
jmd
Grafter

Well - a sideboard/bookcase and CD Cabinet are rather expensive to change - it is not like changing a coat is it? Tongue
Community Veteran

To get back on topic (no screams of pain please  Cry   )
I had a friend at school, who also joined the sea cadets with me in Leicester, At the age of 15 we both signed up for the Royal Navy, and took the 8.25 train from London Road Station, in Leicester,  (5 Jan 1960)  (I remember it well) to go to London, and beyond.... I lost track of him at Waterloo station, and eventually completed my training at HMS Ganges near Ipswich.  about 5 or 6 years later, I joined the aircraft carrier HMS Centaur, went halfway round the world, and de-commissioned 2 years later.  Coming down the gangway, two suitcases and a kitbag , I heard someone calling my name.... yes, it was my mate from school.... went for a couple of pints, and a chat, found out we had both joined the ship on the same day, and never saw each other the whole two years we were on there! ! Roll eyes
jmd
Grafter

Was it a Very Big Ship then? Huh
Community Veteran

Yes, Josie, there were a crew of 2,000 and also when the aircraft were embarked another 600 crew to service and fly them. It would be very small compared to the latest aircraft carriers...
Edit, we both worked in different  "trades" so to speak, and lived in different areas of the ship
Community Veteran

Spooky...
Just half-watching the BAFTA awards while catching up with this topic and, one of the nominations is Parallel World, Parallel Lives (didn't win)

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

I didn`t win on the lottery either.  Cry  again  Cry  Cry  Cry
Community Veteran

Harry Hill has won second BAFTA...please tell me, just what is funny about this guy?

Community Veteran

the way he looks and his big shirt collars, that went out in the late 70`s ..... can`t see what he gets an award for, he is only a "front man" for all the researchers that dig up the clips he uses. Undecided Lips are sealed Undecided
Edit, I don`t watch the programme, just catch a glimpse as I`m channel hopping to find something worth watching... Roll eyes Cheesy
jmd
Grafter

I cannot stand Harry Hill or his programme.  Like you cannot see how he can win awards! Angry

edit; you can tell that it is a really really exciting evenng on the television by the posts on this Forum!
Community Veteran

Oh, I thought there must be something I've missed...