cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Parking

Fixes: 125

Parallel Parking

Who, what, why: How do you parallel park?
As an instructional video on how not to do something it's masterful.
Over the course of half an hour a hapless but determined driver tries and spectacularly fails to parallel park between two cars a good distance apart.

and how it should be done Cool
Personally I've never had problems parallel parking but have seen many abysmal attempts.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

6 REPLIES
shalom2010
Grafter

Re: Parallel Parking

I must admit with my Ford Focus I do dislike parallel parking, simply because I cannot see the back of the car (no sensors). I'm fine at parking otherwise, but really hate parallel parking when other cars are waiting. I usually get in a huff
& drive off!!!
Fixes: 125

Quote from: shalom2010
I usually get in a huff & drive off!!!

So who makes the huff, then Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

Every car with alloys I've test driven and belonging to a friend or relative they always said when I was parking..."watch my alloys"
Now I have a Focus with alloys I'm conditioned to park 6"+ away from the curb so when parallel parking it can be quite a challenge.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I'm OK at parallel parking.  Much easier on the driver side of course.
shalom2010
Grafter

@Strat - Thanks, that's my excuse as well Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I've always been pretty good at it myself. Useless as a learner but I soon got the hang of it within a week or two of passing my test.
Citroen Berlingos are incredibly agile for parallel parking. I was in one once in the works van and had a female colleague with me who had been driving for many years. We decided to pull up for a skive as there was no work to do and I found a space between two cars which wasn't overly generous but adequate. She assured me I'd never make it in without lots of shuffling and was in utter amazement when I got the thing in with no shuffling at all lol. Proudest parallel parking moment of my driving life that was lol.
We have a ford ka and if I'm totally blunt about it, it's the worst car on earth for parallel parking. The french barge we have is far easier to park than the ford and yet the ford is so much smaller. Its very strange how that works.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!