Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panorama

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Panorama

Yep, that's the one, so who watched it last night?

No fan of the Royals, but what a sneak that Martin Bashir turned out to be and all under the nose of the BBC. 

Smell, what smell?

Not so sure son William got it right either by blaming (or it seemed) for making things worse by "fueling her paranoia" and "worsening his parents relationship" and by implication, the death of Diana on that now infamous interview as lets face it, nobody twisted her arm to give it - and didn't Charles fess up before the lady ever did?

There was something rotten in the State of Kensington Palace long before Bashir came along that's f'sure.

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
20 REPLIES 20
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Panorama

Diana and the royals manipulated the media. That's OK

The media manipulated Diana. That's bad?

Baldrick1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 191

So it’s acceptable for the BBC to descend into the gutter with lies and deceit in order to.get a sensational ‘scoop’? Do you think the live recording by this lot of the live raid on Cliff Richard, later shown again to have been instigated by lies to be justified?

What disgusts me is that I have to pay the watching TV tax to this disgraceful mob.

jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 74

Totally agree @Baldrick1 . The BBC has descended to 'Daily Star' - or what was that other - now defunct loo-roll called? levels of 'journalism'.

Edit to add: the loo-paper I was thinking about was the 'Daily Sport'.

John
Mayfly
Seasoned Pro

The point being they can no longer (try) to take the moral high ground and can't really now call out any other institution, tho' I expect they will try. Like Andrew Pierce said, they went to town on the press over mobile phone tapping. Pot and kettle.

Didn't have much respect for them lately anyway and certainly not now.

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

@Baldrick1 

Fully agree with you on all those points.

The BBC acts as though it’s accountable to no one and can do what it likes.

Rather than being impartial it seems very much to the left in its reporting of political things.

Much of it was due to poor management at Director level, hopefully the guy recently appointed to the top job will shake the tree and get rid of those with a biased attitude irrespective of how good they may be at their jobs.

One other point of note, there have been a number of allegations by some staff of inappropriate sexual actions that have happened in recent times, hard to imagine others have not known or heard about it and taken action, one would think they would have learned the lesson after Saville.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Can't really be a big fan of the BBC when they basically take money from you by force even if you don't watch their stuff. In every other state owned department privatisation has come about and everyone is allowed to compete for their slice of the cake but not with the BBC. Why is that?

Yes they do make some good telly (not that i bother with much telly these days) but they've also brought a lot of shame on themselves. Pretty much everything on the BBC is a BBC production, so with so many things under their own name it was only a matter of time until they brought disgrace upon themselves.

Lets face it, they've become too complacent with their TV licence income - or at least back then at the time they had. Which brings me to my next point, should we be blaming the current staff at the BBC for the scandals of the previous staff there over two decades ago?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 74

A question @7up -  why did they think to drag it all up again - as a 'serious' programme?

John
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Well the fact is nobody plays fair in the multi media playground, but lets also face the fact that we expected far better from a publicly funded BBC so changes need to be made in order to restore what credibility they had.

Going to take time and some years though, if ever. As for future dealings of any sort between them and the Royal family well they certainly won't be giving anymore interviews - or will they? 

7up
Community Veteran

Well Harry isn't holding back on the interviews. I don't think Charles will want to get involved and Andrew has lost all credibility while the queen thinks its all below her.. the only one who will potentially is William and Kate.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The royals are probably not worried about any of the media gunning for them as they are too busy shooting each other.

The BBC is long overdue for a major slim down. A couple of channels and a basic online news page is more than enough for the fifty pound licence fee they should be charging. Even then it's too late to stop the steamroller calls for them to raise their own revenue.

Champnet
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 7

Who’d have believed it, a reporter using questionable methods to obtain a story.....

7up
Community Veteran

I still don't understand why we're bank rolling them to broadcast services to the world. It's the BRITISH broadcasting corporation yet they've taken it upon themselves to become the world broadcasting corporation for some reason. 

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@7up 

Hasn't that been what the BBC has always been, 'broadcasting to the world' as a sort of shades of Empire sort of thing?

They certainly make a lot of money I should imagine from various overseas enterprises and whilst they may now have doggy doos on their shoes it'll soon scrape off leaving just the smell. 

7up
Community Veteran

I dunno, more and more people are gunning for the beeb these days and that seems to keep increasing.