cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panic over two escaping inmates.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Panic over two escaping inmates.

There's a report on the BBC about two inmates who managed to escape their institution. Apparently they escaped via a hole in the fence which was caused by a fox (dubious). The British public can relax. The absconders have been rounded up and returned to their controlled area.

Personally I reckon the Health and Safety should cast their eye over the spiky railings at the front of the establishment. When I used to attend such a place we always which railings were loose and could be lifted to obtain escape.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
5 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero

Re: Panic over two escaping inmates.

Institution? The report said it was a school.

Never had fences in my day, so what's changed?

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Hah !... security fencing.... ... with spikes on the top..... whoever designed them must have thought the professional naughty people inside that security fence would think.... Oh Deary Me... spikey railings... we`ll never get over them..... so what else can we do....  ? ? ?   hmm... thinks.... lets dig a tunnel under them... or maybe remove a couple so we can slip through... Ha HA.. Gotcha mr security designer..

Around here, there are several M.O.D. establishments, that have a "perimiter fence" of chain linky type fencing, as used around tennis courts..... to stop people coming into the place and stealing secrets..

.. to make doubly sure that miscreants won`t even attempt that... they top it off with a very expensive and very very long roll of   "Razor Wire"...

very scary... nobody will ever try to get over that,..  we are nice and secure inside it now, aren`t we, guys...

HUH ?   Obviously, those security guys do not know about "bolt cutters" that can snip that wire netting at ground level, and let us miscreants come in easily...   stuff your "Razor Wire" it don`t scare me....... ..    GrinGrinGrin.

2u2me
Aspiring Pro

Cant beat the old brick wall with broken bottles cemented on top, trouble is, it would never get past the health and safety nowadays          Knuppel

Fixes: 47

Minivanman wrote:

Institution? The report said it was a school.

Never had fences in my day, so what's changed?

I found it very sad when schools started erecting high steel fences around their perimeter.

However on reflection schools appeared to have had railings which were cut down during the last war to supply the steel works.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 124

Strat wrote:

I found it very sad when schools started erecting high steel fences around their perimeter.

Like this:1898073_b65f42bc.jpg

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still