Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandemic Puppies.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Pandemic Puppies.

Reading earlier a BBC online news item about 'pandemic puppies' and could not believe (and sorry if you have) that folks are going out and buying a new puppy in order "to make lockdown less lonely".

The now sky high cost of them is something else I just cannot get my head around either.

Maybe there should be some sort of Christmas type campaign that a dog is for life, not just for Covid as post pandemic I can see lots of poor mutts being booted out because they are not longer convenient.

Just plain daft I call it, but perhaps that's just me.

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 74

Re: Pandemic Puppies.

Not read the article, @Minivanman but that sort of selfish behaviour wouldn't surprise me - IF it is happening - my faith in the 'news' is diminishing by the day.

How are they doing this, if a large percentage of the population are subject to T4 regulations?

John
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@jab1 

That was the other thing yes, those travel restrictions.

I do know of somebody close that has not long paid well over the usual odds for a puppy and they did a round trip of about fifty miles in order to collect it. But what do you say to them?

Well nothing if they don't ask. and nothing if they do.

Sad all round.   

Robz
Grafter

Dogs are being stolen to meet the current demand and to take advantage of the extra high prices due to the demand.

I would suggest waiting until lockdowns are over for good and then look to home a rescue because there could be many lovely souls looking for comitted homes then.
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Robz 

They are indeed, and big time.

So many being stolen here in Wales I know that and usually (according to video evidence) thrown into the back of a white van... so no guesses to what camp site was raided recently. 

Stolen dogs: Carmarthenshire and Briton Ferry raids 'uncover 80' - BBC News

Having said that, even getting one from a dog rescue shelter is no longer as cheap as it once was. 

Robz
Grafter

Indeed rescues might not be cheap but they are merciful 😀
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Robz 

Had several over the years, and never from a puppy although as kids Dad bought us a Heinz 57 one for 2/6d and it truly was the best dog we ever had.

Here you go, our Blackie c1963.

Blackie (2).jpg