cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pah! 3's CS is as bad as Plusnet!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Pah! 3's CS is as bad as Plusnet!

Just got off the phone with 3. I wanted to cancel my contract (end of term). I emailed them clearly stating that. They emailed me back saying "Call 500 and discuss the problems you are having with your modem". Read the email people!
They phoned me, and after about 5 min of security checks etc, I said all I want to do is cancel. Need to transfer me..... Security check again  Crazy Why do I want to cancel etc, me just cancel the bloody thing. Eventually after about 10 minutes they agree to cancel. I say I need an unlock code for the E169g, ahh need to transfer again  Lips are sealed ..... Security check again   Huh This time, we cannot unlock the e169 (I thought thats strange as there are people advertising on ebay offering it), and I need to get an exchange one  Roll eyes Then they say they want £15 for the privilege of sending me an unlocked one. Kiss Not on say I, I can BUY a new one for that! But they wouldn't budge.  Angry
So anybody ever unlocked an E169g dongle? or can recommend someone who does it cheaply?
5 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Pah! 3's CS is as bad as Plusnet!

Like this for example.
Probably a service used at own risk.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Yes seen them on ebay,  I was looking for a recommended one. Wink
£3.xx is better than £15 but only if it works Tongue
johpal
Grafter

The seller in Strat's link has more than 1200 feedbacks, all rating 5 stars and 100% positive. The last couple were for identical items. Seems fairly low risk IMHO.  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I gave up on 3 years ago. They kept sending me texts saying I had voicemail. Rang up to listen to be told I had no new voicemails. Of course.. they charged me everytime I rang it up to listen so those texts were really convenient to them!
Rang the indian call centre and they refused to refund me saying it was a network 'error' (yeah right come on) and that therefore it wasn't their fault! It certainly wasn't mine and its their network thats apparently messed up but its not their fault?
I voted with my feet and dumped them. Had a friend a while back who was Indian and he said they're so bad he speaks to them in the indian language and found them just as unhelpful!
Gotta admit, I do like the 3G services they offered but I didn't like their customer service and network 'faults' which conveniently made them extra cash.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Well went with the link that strat offered. Code arrived in just over 2 hours, not bad. Put in tmobile sim, plugged it in to my xp lt and it popped up a message saying gimme code  Grin Enterd code and all is fine. Updated the Mobile connect s/w while I was at it, as I last put in on last year thinking it might unlock it  Embarrassed (Not needed for Linux)
So much for 3's "This modem can't be unlocked!" Angry