cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packages from Amazon

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Packages from Amazon

There have been many comments from Amazon customers on how well good are packed and up until this morning I would have been on that list, however a room thermostat from Amazon arrived in a package normally used for books and the bottom half of the package was not folded in. I simply put my hand in and slid the thermostat out. No idea why it had not fallen out.
Delivered within the estimated time by RM so no complaints there.
Wonder if they are being less generous with their packing materials or perhaps it's a tired employee trying to keep within his target figures.
I said Him, do women also work at Amazon packing stuff ?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Packages from Amazon

The goods I received from Amazon  over the Christmas period were all well packaged.  I am always very pleased with their efforts on packaging. Perhaps someone had a bad day with your package gleneagles.
Community Veteran

I've had a hard drive from Amazon chucked through the letterbox sandwiched between two thin pieces of cardboard.
Fortunately the concrete floor below broke its fall .......
RichAllen
Grafter

Sometimes they use too much packaging IMO, for instance when I buy DVDs or Blu Rays, all they could use is a simple DVD case with an Amazon mailing label, but no, they use a full cardboard package, and pass the cost on to the consumer, who simply bins the packaging after opening it (or recycle it if they're that way inclined)
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

just got this in an emalil from amazon
Hello,
Regarding your recent Amazon.co.uk order (nunber deleted).
We wanted to let you know that due to an unexpected delay, your order may arrive one to two business days later than expected.
We’re sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.
We hope to see you again soon.
Regards,
Customer Service Department

first time I had one in a while last time was 4 years ago when the major postal strikes were on Smiley

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
snozboz
Grafter

I'm normally very happy with Amazon packaging (though they do sometimes use too much), but this week a brand new hardback book arrived with a bit of damage on the top of the spine and the top of the front cover - it'd been bashed by something/someone.  The usual cardboard flat book package hadn't been enough to protect it; I'd have hoped they would do a better job at choosing the right packaging for the product.
BTW I'm impressed by their new in-house delivery service - emails (and notifications through the mobile app) giving tracking info and emails saying they are delivering that day.  And the van drivers are good too - coming at sensible times, leaving packages in sensible places if you're not at home, being polite when handing you the package.  I guess Amazon got fed-up with complaints about their use of the Royal Mail and other couriers.  Smiley