cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPI phone pest bites the dust.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

PPI phone pest bites the dust.

It was good to hear in a BBC report that a nuisance calling company has had its licence to operate cancelled. The directors should also be barred from operating such a company in future.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
8 REPLIES
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: PPI phone pest bites the dust.

It is a start in the right direction. I would hope that more than their license to operate is cancelled, jail time would be a bonus.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Brilliant news, hopefully a few more of these parasites can be tackled in a similar manner.
I was just thinking a few times over the last few days that it's been a bit quiet nuisance call wise... now I know why  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Razorback
Grafter

I had noticed it had been quiet of late too.
Had one of those automated ones yesterday though, thing is they go to the answer machine and half the message gets cut off (I guess the automation does not wait for the beep) so I have no idea who the message is from anyway.
Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

and because you answered/called back you have confirmed your number is "live" and "active"........ leading yourself further into the mire, because that number is now on record as such, and will be sold on to others to pester you more.
I don`t answer ANY call that does not show me who it is from.... and I mean , the number must relate to a name on my phone... if it is just a number that shows up.  I just let it ring, and then google the number to find out if it is one I should call back... ( e.g. hospital appointments centre ).....
I don`t get many pest calls, because of this... those numbers that do show up as pest calls, get entered in my D N A  listings... as Do Not Answer... and I only have two of those ! !  ,.. My wife has about 30 on her phone, cos she "must" answer it .... but she is learning.... ! ! ! ...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Now if only they could get rid of the "Hurry up!! Time is running out for your PPI Claim back" TV and Radio ads that have been playing for years (amusing that, time running out, but they've been going a loooooong time!), that'd improve things a lot too... Grin
Razorback
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
and because you answered/called back

I never answer any call as I said it goes to answer machine, the only alternative is to switch the answer machine off which defeats the purpose of an answer machine! I could buy something like the BT8500 but the volume of calls i get does not warrant it.
As for calling back I dont think anyone in there right mind would do that.
I google the number too which is some informative but all too often the number is either spoofed or withheld.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Razorback

I never answer any call as I said it goes to answer machine,

Ah... !  I read that wrong, first time... It reads as if you phoned them, and it went to "their" answer machine...  Embarrassed