cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POLL: Would you lke the SMF forum to be restored?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

POLL: Would you lke the SMF forum to be restored?

Edit : please post a yes or no in your reply before any other random text like the first five replies.

Well its quite obvious that many folks here don't like this new forum. It's full of bugs, lacking features (eg polls), its full of whitespace, doesn't seem to perform well any device....the list is endless.

We were all fed up with the old SMF forum which was completely out of date but it seemed reasonably reliable and considering how many members and posts we have, it did a pretty good job.

So, would you like to see it restored and this new forum scrapped?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
23 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: POLL: Would you lke the SMF forum to be restored?

This 'Poll' reminds me of the one I did regarding the non Plusnet users' ability to post, in that it was redundant even before I'd finished posting it. Plusnet aren't going to reinstate the old forum, regardless of what is said and by who or how many they are to far down the 'metaphoric' road with this one.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Unfortunately we are stuck with the massive white space , and BIG pink boxes Angry

Its highly unlikely it will ever get fixed , the PN bean pushers have said this is what we want so this is what we get Ticked off

Maybe this was the idea , to make the forum unusable to stop customers coming here to complain , so their support stats look better.

sometimes i feel people like anotherone , and the rest of PN customers are wasting their time finding problems , as they will still be finding them in 12 months time !

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

I do not agree or accept that the "massive white space" cannot be fixed Lips are sealed

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Anotherone , yes i agree it can be fixed BUT the visual style , text box size , button size , color contrast

Should have been fixed before it went live , i belive you even mentioned this to them before live date .

yes there are useability bugs , was to be expected , but the look of the pages visual impact Crazy3

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Be nice to have the text colour (washed out grey) made darker,

Community Veteran

Yes - of course.

But that would mean a business listening to its customers and actually doing something.

Sadly that just doesn't happen anymore.

I hope Plusnet don't bring similar "improvements" to broadband. Otherwise we'll be back to dial up speeds.

Community Veteran

Whilst I'm certainly in favour of making this place as readable and user friendly as possible (and there is more to do on both those counts), it wouldn't be a bad idea to compare the current text shade in a standard post with the output from say a google search .....hmm, look pretty similar to me - well on this monitor at any rate. I will check another in a few minutes.

RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

YES - revert to the old forum.

However, as has already been said, that's unlikely to happen.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

@Anotherone

Interesting comparison and to my eye the Google result is very similar and smaller

2016-04-16_115533.jpg

Community Veteran

That's what I thought Jim, and it's the same on this other monitor. I'll have a look on a mobile phone later.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

A further check - I increased the default size to Extra Large and the clarity and contrast are superb in my opinion

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

I find it a lot easier to read on the mobile 📱
David_W
Rising Star

I don't see the issue with the forum, it does what it says on the tin, lets you post topics to be read and replied to by other people.  Polls, I'm not sure I ever actually used a poll and if someone checked how many of the posts in the previous forum contained polls then the figures would be sub 0.1% so going back to add something the majority never used seems silly.

Change for the sake of change is bad, change to modernise is good, going back to a system which you yourself stated you were fed up with simply because you dislike the new one, that would be the worst option of all.  People dislike change, they want things to always remain the way they are used to, but new customers to the forums will only have used this, they will grow used to this and eventually, when PN change it again in 15 years time, they too will want this one back, it's the way of the world.

Community Veteran

Well, I get similar results on a mobile as well Jim.