Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN research

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

PN research

Just received a Email from PN , inviting me to a 2 hour meeting about the PN experience , and for my input they give me £50
anyone else invited
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: PN research

If it is the type of focus group where several people meet in a room with a facilitator it is worth going along just for the fun of it. Don't forget the money is taxable.
The trouble with this approach is it tends to be structured to give answers which align with those expected by the client organisation. It is classic MBA style of management techniques when an organisation perceives its customers don't like it.  It would be cheaper if senior managers participated in this forum!
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I haven`t been invited............................... 
I wonder why.......... !
As "AlaricAdair" says.... it would be cheaper if senior management read this forum..... surely there is enough "fodder" in the Feedback Forum for them to understand where they have been, and still are, going wrong....taking some serious action on many of those problems listed, would be cheaper than commissioning another company.. ( and they don`t do it because they love plusnet)... !.. they will be charging extortionate fees, to cover their overheads, pay the participants £50 each... Plus they want a profit out of it too ...
All that money could be used to improve the customer experience, by dealing with the problems, and not by patching bits and pieces ( that soon fall apart again )  and saying "sorry" ..... " give us time and we`ll get there".....
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: shutter
I haven`t been invited............................... 
I wonder why.......... ! .

Because it's in Leeds and you'd need your passport  Wink
gromittz
Grafter

And borrow or rent a Whippet  Lips are sealed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

You would think, Plusnet being an internet company, that they could do this meeting via webcam, web-chat, or Skype !
rather than limit participants to one area where the diversity of service is likely to be limited compared to the wider demographic.
Crazy
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Think i will have to attend , Leeds is only 15 mins away , not bad for £50 to see if they will listen to what i think  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Don't forget to ask when the new billing system will be fully operational  Roll eyes [/coat]

[Edit]  Oh, and, why line rental has gone up by a significantly greater percentage than any other major supplier.  Angry  Lips are sealed
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Perhaps we can use this thread to make a list of questions you (and others) could ask.

• Normalize pricing (like other ISPs) so all customers pay the same, i.e. no more high-cost/low-cost areas.

• Why don't Plusnet managers participate in discussions on this forum ?.

• When will IPv6 be implemented ?.

• When will the ticketing system be reinstated ?.

• When will Plusnet start using a better router, to reduce the number of complaints ?.

• Can the "Member Centre" be extended to allow customers control of their lines -
           eg Interleaving, Line reset, Target SNR, & traffic prioritization, and view the radius connection graph.

• Have PayPal as a payment method, for monthly billing and one-off purchases.

• SSL on IMAP/POP3/SMTP ?

• Get all Plusnet outgoing phone numbers to show caller-ID, so calls aren't dumped by anonymous call blocker !.
  • When will the Plusnet Newsletter return ?

Community Veteran

£50 would cover half the train fare from here, but, I ain't invited... Grin
Community Veteran

I assume there will be other meetings elsewhere in the country.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

4 venues , this is what the link gives you
Community Veteran

@rongtw, thanks for that. I would have liked to have attended the London event but won't be able to.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@rongtw, If this continues, PN may be sorry they sent you an invitation, or at least sorry you brought it to the attention of this forum.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

OT but had to laugh at my observation on the questionaire part of the invitation...
'Your Current Life Stage....  Gender'  Shocked
I guess nowadays that isn't as 'fixed' as it used to be...
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.