cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC free weekend

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

PC free weekend

Apart from a brief time to let the weekly AVG scan happen, I have just spent (voluntarily) a PC free weekend, iPhone switched off, just the land line to communicate with if necessary...the call blocker intercepted just one unwanted call
And d'you know I didn't miss it. Got the garden tidied up, finished the ironing and produced some fresh cooked meals, even had time to clean out the aquarium.
Got a lot of reading done as well.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
8 REPLIES
All4One
Grafter

Re: PC free weekend

I also spent quite a lot of the weekend off the PC, but still watching TV.
Ended up starting The Walking Dead series, and really enjoying it.
But back to topic, I do sometimes really enjoy getting away from it all.
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I've just been away for a long weekend with limited internet and was away for week in September with no internet at all and didn't miss it at all for entertainment. The only down side was catching up on 160 emails when I got home.
One thing it did show tho' was just how easy it is find out where to visit in a strange area and I missed that.
Community Veteran

I wonder if I could survive Undecided You have a high level of self discipline Petlew Wink
TORPC
Grafter

As computers are my bread & butter, it is extremely hard for me to escape, it even for a short period of time
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I spent a week in hospital two years ago without a pc/laptop, at 5 days I wanted discharged.  You can deal with it if its still there, so try it when you have no access to a pc, then see how happy you feel.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Petlew
And d'you know I didn't miss it.

But we missed you! - See this thread: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133284.0.html
Now you admit you didn't even miss us! Terrible  Shocked
@Gus I know what thats like! Last year when I had my surgery i still had to have my netbook and dongle in hospital with me lol. Then it was out of action for a couple of days and i was bored stiff!
I must admit.. I do get bored online a lot quicker than i used to however i still can't be without my internet access...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
PitchBlack
Grafter

I went back to Australia for a few months a few years back and stayed with my elderly next door neighbours, not a computer, tablet or smart phone in sight. The only time I used a computer was in the local library to send e-mails back to the UK for my family. I didn't miss my computer one bit.
Fixes: 125

If I'm at home then I do tend to get drawn back to the PC even when I may have other things to do Embarrassed
When on holiday I don't miss it. Of course I do occasionally check on emails and read online news and , of course, pop in here but that's usually while waiting for SWMBO to get ready or when shopping.
The only exception is when in Ukraine and SWMBO is out with her friends (I really don't mind as she doesn't get to see them that often and she needs time with them away from me) and I'm on my own for a several hours. Then I will use the laptop, smartphone or tablet a lot more than I would on a 'normal' holiday.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still