Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC cover

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

PC cover

Is there any such thing as a Computer set cover?
perhaps a black blanket or bag that goes over your set? Need one as our setup is in our bedroom and lights from Computer, router and printer disturb us.
I can just get a lightweight black blanket but was wondering if there was a cover anywhere on the market.
Jamie
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
17 REPLIES
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: PC cover

Not a good idea to cover things that have power running through them I think. The heat will build up and may damage the equipment or start a fire.
Perhaps you could just place something in front of the lights.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Like some black paper and blutack? stick on the lights on the hub?
Like your thinking then I just switch the monitor off standby.
How  Crazy am I?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

As you would want something tasteful on display in your bedroom ...
how about rehousing the innards of your PC into an accordion !
http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/accordion-itx/

See some other bonkers PC cases, by clicking the links on the right hand side of that page  Undecided
kdoug007
Grafter

YES  !!!!!
  I  bought a  set  last  month  its  fab
it  was  a  white plastic    covering  for  pc  desk top/keyboard/pc  box
And  actually  is  very good ,,  delivered  in about  3  days
and got  it on fleabay!!!  you know the  auction  site..
  it  was  about £3t  he lot Cheesy
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Have u got a link?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Shutdown...
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Yes I do but the BT home hub has a bright blue light than you can't turn off. There is an option to dim it but hardly a difference. I have solved it with. Piece of cardboard blu tacked onto hub light
Community Veteran

For a less tasteful PC case, you could try this !
A PC built inside a taxidermy beaver !  Roll eyes
http://www.yourpsychogirlfriend.com/beav/
with step by step instructions here -
http://www.instructables.com/id/EDKZBQCF1A4XUIN/
If you skip step #24 (fitting the LEDs), then your problem will be solved !  Crazy
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

You are freaky!!
Look in my sig I have a Mac mini. I don't want it in a tasteful dead animal. Apple designed it too make it look nice anywhere in a house or office.
Community Veteran

What !,  is it the fur you don't like ?  Huh
You could lather it up in shaving foam, and shave it until smooth.  Tongue
I understand that some people will pay good money to have a smooth shaved beaver in the bedroom  Grin
Try typing "smooth shaved beaver" into Google search and see how many hits you get !  Shocked
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

And why would I want to put my BT hub 4 in that . I just stick to some black paper and blu tack
Community Veteran

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

To cover up distracting bright LEDs on my under TV PVR's, I use Blutack, but moulded in such a way that I cannot see the LEDs when sat down, but when standing above the PVR's I can see the LED's.
A bit like a wall light, like this, but smaller...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Your blue light is almost certain to be an LED these days, so runs cold so there shouldn't be any problem with covering it with a small patch of insulating tape. That incidentally wouldn't work with my Netgear router as it has a number (a lot actually) of air vent slots and the lights shine through them.
Failing that, wifi routers don't need to be in the same room as the PC kit, move it somewhere else less conspicuous.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.