cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Andrew Harper

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Posts: 12,493
Thanks: 4,389
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

PC Andrew Harper

Just finished watching the news and cannot believe those three little turds were only convicted of manslaughter. What the heck is wrong with our justice system, that verdict is an utter disgrace and my heart goes out to his wife Lissie who must be feeling utterly devastated.

Justice? I think not. 😬


Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Posts: 954
Thanks: 233
Fixes: 4
Registered: ‎22-11-2014

Re: PC Andrew Harper

Sadly the justice system stopped being fit for purpose many years ago ☹️. Every scrote in the country knows the chances are they will only get a slap on the wrist or a luxury spell at HMP Butlins! I'm a big believer in turning prisons over to the military to run, you don't get many people wanting to go back to Colchester once they have been in there!

Highlighted
Champion
Posts: 979
Thanks: 642
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎26-01-2019

Re: PC Andrew Harper

@Minivanman Unfortunately they could not prove that they knew he was attached to the rope so the charge had to be manslaughter. Hopefully the judge will give the longest sentence the law will allow....we will see.Angry

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Posts: 20,371
Thanks: 2,906
Fixes: 42
Registered: ‎06-11-2007

Re: PC Andrew Harper

@TTman  Just googled "what is the maximum sentence for manslaughter"...

 

the answer...

 

 

The maximum sentence a judge can impose for manslaughter is imprisonment for life.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Posts: 12,493
Thanks: 4,389
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: PC Andrew Harper

@TTman 

We can but hope. 😞


Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Posts: 12,493
Thanks: 4,389
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: PC Andrew Harper

@Marksfish 

My old Dad did time in Colchester and used to say never again. 


Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Aspiring Pro
Posts: 185
Thanks: 49
Fixes: 2
Registered: ‎21-03-2020

Re: PC Andrew Harper


@Minivanman wrote:

Just finished watching the news and cannot believe those three little turds were only convicted of manslaughter. What the heck is wrong with our justice system, that verdict is an utter disgrace and my heart goes out to his wife Lissie who must be feeling utterly devastated.

Justice? I think not. 😬


I totally agree but they did not intent to kill the policeman it was good that they were actually convicted because their friends/relatives tried to intimate the jury and a new jury had to be sworn in

After the three defendants  were seen laughing leaving court lets just hope when they are sentenced next week the judge gives then the highest allowed term in prison 

 

HD 

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Posts: 12,493
Thanks: 4,389
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: PC Andrew Harper

@HelloDuck 

Point taken, but they knew he was caught up and tried to shake him off by swerving their car over the road... for over a mile. Could you use the same defence that you stabbed someone but did not mean to kill them? 

I guess we had to be in court to hear it all, but to my mind and to many others it stinks.


Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PC Andrew Harper


@HelloDuck wrote:

After the three defendants  were seen laughing leaving court lets just hope when they are sentenced next week the judge gives then the highest allowed term in prison 


I’m not sure where you got that from - the three defendants had been on remand and didn’t make it to court because of a problem with transport. 
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/24/teenagers-found-guilty-of-killing-pc-andrew-harper

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Posts: 20,371
Thanks: 2,906
Fixes: 42
Registered: ‎06-11-2007

Re: PC Andrew Harper

I suspect they will try and appeal any sentence, just because of who they are..

 

they will claim they are being victimised.... Huh

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro
Posts: 185
Thanks: 49
Fixes: 2
Registered: ‎21-03-2020

Re: PC Andrew Harper

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PC Andrew Harper

@HelloDuck 

Ah, ok, thanks for clarifying that this was from a previous court appearance. It sounded from your earlier post that you were referring to today’s court session.

 

Highlighted
Hero
Posts: 3,294
Thanks: 1,238
Fixes: 9
Registered: ‎05-09-2016

Re: PC Andrew Harper


@TTman wrote:

@Minivanman Hopefully the judge will give the longest sentence the law will allow....we will see.Angry


It doesn't matter what sentence the judge gives them, the home secretary will let them out in order to make room for all those highly dangerous over-75s who 'forget' to pay their TV licence.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Posts: 15,295
Thanks: 1,127
Fixes: 14
Registered: ‎01-08-2007

Re: PC Andrew Harper

I think the justice system in this country is a disgrace.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Champion
Posts: 1,946
Thanks: 466
Fixes: 12
Registered: ‎15-11-2012

Re: PC Andrew Harper


@Jonpe wrote:

@TTman wrote:

@Minivanman Hopefully the judge will give the longest sentence the law will allow....we will see.Angry


It doesn't matter what sentence the judge gives them, the home secretary will let them out in order to make room for all those highly dangerous over-75s who 'forget' to pay their TV licence.


 

Only if they don't pay their court fines....