Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oxford-Astra Zeneca

Champnet
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Oxford-Astra Zeneca

Done the on-line application, paid up front and old ones are now in the post.
Can’t imagine there’s any urgency in the process but will let you know what comes when they come....

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@Champnet 

Three weeks?

But then it's not as if any of us can actually go anywhere. 

Passports apart, has anyone had to replenish their stock of toilet rolls they bought last March yet? 🤔

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
madswitcher
Rising Star

We had our his n' her jabs on Saturday just gone - nothing to write home about jab-wise. We had the Oxford Vaccine and they gave us a card to keep so that when we come back in 12 weeks they know the type and batch number.

I felt a big groggy for a couple of hours which is a small price to pay in proportion to catching Covid.

The set up was verrrrrry impressive and well organised.  I saw my local nurse there who told me that they got through just over 1,600 jabs the previous Saturday, which was about 1 every 2 minutes or so.

Cheers

Mike

idonno
Aspiring Champion

@Minivanman wrote:

What will happen is that they will be refused entry without some sort of verifiable 'health' passport. 

No more just a passport to get through, it's now papers A, B and C checked and all the rest that goes with it these days. It's just not going to be worth the hassle for a fortnight in the sun however tempting.

But that's been the case for some countries for years. For instance, a lot of countries in Asia want proof of a Yellow Fever jab if coming from Africa. I think some form of health passport is inevitable. Certainly, where I usually go in Asia, currently getting on a plane is not an option at all. Indeed most have simply shut shop to foreigners - experts working in the country need only apply and then they enforce compulsory 14day quarantine.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@idonno 

Sounds fair enough if you are coming from Africa, but we're not. As well as the yellow fever one you say is needed, I wonder if they have to have one for Ebola now it's reared it's ugly head again in the west of that country.

Long haul international air travel certainly has a lot to answer for when it comes the transmission of diseases. 

Still you are right though about health passports in the future and much like the ones we have to have for our pets. The thought of getting turned back at customs because our little mutts pet passport was not right for some reason used to worry us no end.

"Sorry Charley mate, you are going to have to walk home" 😆 

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Received my 'invitation' letter on Saturday, booked on line yesterday (Sunday), had my first jab at 10 am. today.  It's amazing how efficient the NHS can be sometimes.  I wasn't sure how long it would take me to get there so I arrived about 15 minutes early, they said it didn't matter at all and I was 'processed' straight away.  I wasn't asked to wait in case of adverse reactions (is that only for the Pfizer one?) and was out of the centre before my official appointment time.  Just over twelve hours have now passed and no reaction so far, in fact I feel better than normal.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Jonpe 

Feeling 'better than normal' as well after mine but I put that down to a mental rather than a physical. Never obviously concerned but deep down it did worry perhaps more than it should have done.

I was asked not asked to wait either in case of any reaction I was only asked only if I had someone to drive me home, which I did.  

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Edit:

I was asked not asked to wait....

Mayfly
Seasoned Pro

My understanding is if you are driving yourself they want you to wait if not you are free to go. I found that out 12 mins into waiting when OH had his but as he is in wheelchair in the back of the car I would have waited anyway. He wouldn't be able to tell me if he felt iffy and I wouldn't necessarily notice straight away driving through town.

Champnet
Champion

Not knowing where we were going we left plenty of time to get there, as always we found the Medical Centre straight away.

The couple behind us in the queue had an earlier appointment so we swapped places.

The couple behind us in the queue had an earlier appointment so we swapped places.

We eventually got to the front and nobody was checking the appointments.....

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Waiting outside to go in as we were the little lady behind me in the queue looked like she was going to pass out from the cold, so we swapped places. I'm guessing that everybody must have been given the same sort of time as there were at least 15 people in that line.

@Mayfly 

Sorry to read what sounded like a difficult experience for you.

Could they not have offered you a home visit? 

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yes the appointment times at my GP surgery were a bit odd. Not the usual 2:10 2:30 etc but for me it was 2:24pm. I guess with the amount to hand out appointment times was left to some computer program.

I know for sure it wasn't done through the usual booking as then it would have been 14:24.

Not that any time was stuck to. Just a short queue which was added to as fast as it went in. At the front all they were interested in was your name.

Mayfly
Seasoned Pro

@Minivanman yeah I'm sure I could have had a home visit for him sometime in the future but tbh it was nice to go out for a drive. 😁

Strat
Fixes: 495

When I had mine last Saturday the nurse asked me if I was driving, I said no, I was walking.

She replied with "good lad" Azn

My 'after effects', mild flu feeling and ache in arm have disappeared.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 86.0 (64-bit)

Champnet
Champion

@RobPN wrote:

@Champnet wrote:

Eternal optimism : Just renewed our passports.....

@Champnet 

Have they used up all the stock of those tacky 'interim' burgundy ones (i.e. did you receive blue ones)?  

Just received new passports, not bad they took less than a week.

They're the new blue ones. "European Union" has been replaced by "British Passport"  on the front cover.

All ready to go somewhere ?