Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oxford-Astra Zeneca

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Oxford-Astra Zeneca

@Minivanman wrote:

All done here, so it's party time t'night.... in front of the telly!

As for those little bottles @billnotben 

All t'geather now.

"Fifty million little bottles standing on the wall, fifty million little bottles standing on the wall"🎵 

and if one little bottle should accidentally fall, there'd be one poor person getting no vaccine at all.Laugh

HMG would be hounded by the news for missing its target too.Roll_eyes

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 173

and if one little bottle should accidentally fall, there'd be one poor person getting no vaccine at all

Actually I think there'd be six poor people but I'm not sure that rhimes as well🙂

edit: and our invitation letters have just popped through the letter box , delivered by Royal Mail ( on a Sunday!!! )

I suppose it WAS dated on the day we had the jab , its only taken 9 days to arrive...

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Well as mentioned these were the empties we were talking about but apparently, even though there is only supposed to be five doses per bottle they are finding they can get one or two extra out of them.

So a waste twice or three times over but I guess that's the name of the game and pretty much the same as with those hotel toiletries they throw out once the guests have left.... apparently.

As the man said.

Ian Dury & The Blockheads - What a Waste 1978 - YouTube

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Well, now many of us codgers have had or will soon be getting the jab you know what's coming next.

You've seen all the social media posts and BBC news posts where they get a surprisingly high number of "covid is just flu" but mainly "it only effect old people, young people should be allowed to party while the old stay locked away". You know the sort.

And no matter what the government say, to travel abroad there's going to be some sort of jab passport. So will the posts change to "it's not fair all the old people are abroad partying while we are stuck here".

Even when the jab program is complete there are many who will have refused it. What will happen to those when it comes to travel? I know some can't be vaccinated for genuine medical reasons but I can't see the rest being allowed to wander the world by simply saying I'm exempt. When they really mean I don't want to, like with the masks.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

What will happen is that they will be refused entry without some sort of verifiable 'health' passport. 

No more just a passport to get through, it's now papers A, B and C checked and all the rest that goes with it these days. It's just not going to be worth the hassle for a fortnight in the sun however tempting.

Permission to leave, permission to arrive, permission to stay, and papers checked ad hoc while you are there. Oh, and the same on your way back. 

Butlins at Bognor for two weeks it is then. 😆

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Because of Covid it's been a long time since I've been in a shop and paid cash for anything.

So does anybody know if they still accept these?

Great Britain 10 Shilling Note 1966 Queen Elizabeth II.JPG

billnotben
Community Veteran

@Minivanman wrote:

Ah those were the days. I remember finding a pound note. I changed it into eight half crowns and hid them around my house. I spent one a week along with my sixpence pocket money. Lived like a king for a couple of months.

Champnet
Champion
Fixes: 6

Half Crowns, still used in my mental maths : 1/8th = 12.5%

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Minivanman wrote:

Because of Covid it's been a long time since I've been in a shop and paid cash for anything.

Great Britain 10 Shilling Note 1966 Queen Elizabeth II.JPG

@ithdrawnTongue

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
HelloDuck
Pro

@Minivanman wrote:

What will happen is that they will be refused entry without some sort of verifiable 'health' passport. 

No more just a passport to get through, it's now papers A, B and C checked and all the rest that goes with it these days. It's just not going to be worth the hassle for a fortnight in the sun however tempting.

Permission to leave, permission to arrive, permission to stay, and papers checked ad hoc while you are there. Oh, and the same on your way back. 

Butlins at Bognor for two weeks it is then. 😆

The big problem holidays in this country are increasing by silly money 

We booked 14 nights in a lodge for 6th September  at a total cost of £880 it is now £1144 an increase of 30%

Platinum Lodge

14 nights 6 September 2021Broadland Sands, Suffolk
£1144.00Low £20 deposit

Bedrooms2

Sleeps4

HD

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Inevitable that in order to make up the shortfall in bookings that providers both here in the UK and overseas are going to jack up those prices but without wishing sound harsh, you can always decline to pay.

Does that price include meals, only if it does (depending on quality of course) then £1144 and only a £20 deposit seems pretty fair plus, it's two bedrooms sleeping four.

Out of my league anyway but hope you enjoy. 🙂 

Champnet
Champion
Fixes: 6

Eternal optimism : Just renewed our passports.....

Mayfly
Seasoned Pro

Yep the problem is many of these holiday home have been hit badly, it may belong to the park who have obviously lost income and I know many who own privately on parks have still had to pay full ground rent whilst not being able to access them or rent them out.

HelloDuck
Pro

@Mayfly wrote:

I know many who own privately on parks have still had to pay full ground rent whilst not being able to access them or rent them out.

I know someone who is buying two caravans on finance which they rent out to supplement their income and as you say they still have to pay camp site the site fees insurance etc.

Big problems

HD 

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

@Champnet wrote:

Eternal optimism : Just renewed our passports.....

@Champnet 

Have they used up all the stock of those tacky 'interim' burgundy ones (i.e. did you receive blue ones)?