Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oxford-Astra Zeneca

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Oxford-Astra Zeneca

Good luck @MisterW,

My first dose was on the 17th March, and my second is on the 3rd of June. I had a quick look at my calendar on the Mac and I think that is 11 weeks apart?

I just want to get it over and done with really, and I just it hope it doesn't make me feel RAF. The first one did really make me feel weird, but not badly ill. Just worried I was going to have another seizure, and trust me they are not nice (I feel like swearing here, but I'd better not). Just got to make sure I keep taking my tablets and order some more when I need to.

Strange going back to where I did my A Levels and how the place has changed. I hardly ever go there now. Mind you that was a long time ago (1993-1995) so that's evolution I guess.

I know of a couple of pubs, including a big chain one (better not say or I will be told off for advertising!). No doubt with me I wil have a pint or three, but I will reminisce about my younger days and how the place has changed which I will enjoy. To be fair, I did well at my college so I will enjoy it. I am getting old, so my brain will be going "Oooh this place was different in my day!" 😄

Aside from the needle sticking in me part which I won't enjoy, I will have a few pints beforehand to take the edge of the fun and games from it and have a look around.

The only thing I didn't do is to ask when I had my first one is ask for something official to prove I have had it. I'll worry about that once I have had my second one. Wonderful - another card to carry around in my wallet.

But as I would say to anyone just good luck.

Champnet
Champion
Fixes: 6

@Alex  Don’t do what I did and forget to take the first card back with me, I’ve now got two cards stapled together.

Alex
Community Veteran

Yeah I did, don't even remember them giving me one. They just opened a packet, it went down and gave me a stupid leaflet telling me what it is and what the side effects can be. Yes of course, and not being a Sun reader I know what a modified version of the virus is going to do to my body. 🙄

Went down like a lead balloon within my immune system, I can tell you that. I am going on the assumption the real virus is a worse one of the vaccine, and if so, it is not nice (still trying not to swear). "That's Life" as Frank Sinatra once said. 

Still I will just get it done, have a pint (or three). After all, sadly you can't train your immune system by having a lovely chat and a nice cup of tea with it can you?

Oh well, as I say good luck to people and my priority is getting it done and then also factor in where I'll get a pint of beer in afterwards, (maybe before if I want to be really naughty and get there early 😉). One thing I am good at planning (if nothing else) is that.

Already know the location a bit from when I was a younger me, and have food and drink places in mind.

Sorry - being a bit more serious, yes @Champnet I need to make sure I get the paperwork sorted out. I am sure they didn't even give me a first card. I just booked it on-line like I was booking a hotel (without paying) and have two reference numbers.

I will just have to check after my second one I suppose.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Looks like booster shots are a definite possibility.

BBC 

I guess if they are used it will be at the same time as the flu jab. Unless things don't go smoothly and they have to get used sooner.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@billnotben 

This was to be expected I think but who will get them each year. Just the over 65's as with those flu jabs or will it be right across the board because if so that is going to one hell of a costly logistical operation. We might well have reached the point where such long term health care is not sustainable under the NHS.

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
PowerLee
Pro
Fixes: 2

Just had the text message from the gp surgery & booked my 2nd Covid vaccine jab for Saturday 8th May.
Strat
Fixes: 505

Well I popped down to my local surgery for my second jab.

I received a dose of Astra Zenica, same as the first jab.

I was given a leaflet detailing potential side effects including blood clotting.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 88.0.1 (64-bit)

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 183

Don’t do what I did and forget to take the first card back with me, I’ve now got two cards stapled together.

we took our first cards, it didnt make any difference, weve still got two cards stapled together!!!

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Took the first card for my second jab and they just initialed so all done and dusted... until  I guess later in the year when I go back for what will no doubt be a Covid/Flu  jab.

artmo
Community Veteran

I would think that by that time we will all have the info on a digital passport.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@artmo 

You may well be right.

All being well I'm half hoping to fly down to NZ next January with the Mrs so it it will interesting to see how this pans out. Nothing booked yet, but nothing ventured...

Alex
Community Veteran

Good luck @Minivanman 

Hopefully things will settle down by then, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

I went to Sydney and Auckland back in 2005, found some old photos of me there a few days ago.

It feels like a few years ago, not that long ago .. but was by best holiday ever. The cost (as of course it isn't cheap) and the time it takes to get there is a pain if course, but not much else you can do.

I would do what I did and do a 2 day stopover, then you can get to see some other countries. You may as well as you're going all that way. I spent 2 days in Singapore on way there, Hong Kong on the way back.

Strat
Fixes: 505

I have just the one card with details of both jabs on it.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 88.0.1 (64-bit)

Alex
Community Veteran

They didn't give me a card, still I have got to go back there for my 2nd so I will make sure I'll ask them do I need to carry anything around with me.

There is that, and because I have had seizures I have to take two prescription tablets a day. So if I were going abroad I would probably cover my backside big time and take a copy of my prescription and a letter from the GP as proof that what I am carrying around with me is nothing dodgy.

Especially when going to Singapore when I know they have the death penalty for drugs. The landing card tells you that when you fill it in! "Ok landing card I will bear that in mind" I think.

Of course from looking at the tablet box you can't tell whether it is something I am legally taking or something iffy I have bought over the internet.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Alex 

Thanks Alex. Still cards on the table time at the moment as a lot can change and going to NZ as well as Covid will mean other half plans promised will have to be put off for another year. Jab done and 'immune' for the moment in the UK but in others countries it's a different story entirely as we know.