Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ovivo Kaput

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Ovivo Kaput

"Dear OVIVO Customers,
We are very sad to announce that for reasons beyond our control, OVIVO Mobile is closing down on the evening of Wednesday 19th March 2014.
We'd like to thank each and every one of you for your support and friendship over the last two years.
To keep your OVIVO number, just fill out this form, and we’ll send you your PAC code.
PAC code request form
To request a PAC code please complete the form below. There is no need to request a PAC code if you do not wish to keep your number. We will arrange for your PAC code to arrive as quickly as possible but there is a high demand for this service."

I bought a £5 SIM two years ago, and have had two years of mostly FREE calls, so can't really complain.
Even so, a bit of a shock at the suddenness of the Company Closing.

The closure looks to have been enforced by the company simply running out of cash – the latest figures on Duedil says that the company had liabilities clocking in at -£511,527. More tellingly, the company only had £10,000 to its name as cash.
http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2014/03/19/ovivo-mobile-shuts-down/

3 REPLIES
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Ovivo Kaput

Cheers for the heads up PC
Although I am not directly affected, I have passed this on to those I know who is Wink
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

whilst I'm sure it was great for the people who used it this was always going to be how the company ended up ......
if they had been running a "true" cost basis then the cards would of been valid for life but the price would of started to rise rapidly, failing that they would of required to achieve a minimum of 25% market share of mobile users something that would be difficult in an un established market but nigh on impossible given the "gimmick" nature of its operation....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Ovivo Mobile was terminated by MVNA Cognatel following an alleged dispute over network software that would have allowed the MVNO to uniquely identify each user.
It is believed that Cognatel was contractually obliged to deliver the software but had failed to do so.
Uniquely identifying each user was essential to the operator’s service which provided free airtime, texts and data in exchange for agreeing to being targeted by marketing materials.
Furthermore, it also understood that Ovivo Mobile had been withholding cash from the Vodafone MVNA as part of the dispute and it was this that led to the plug being pulled at short notice yesterday.