cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overseas car hire

Highlighted
Fixes: 896

Re: Overseas car hire

Certainly in Europe they have 'specials' where you find out after you book.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted

I've booked CDG Paris  with www.airportcarhire.com  12 August 1 week for £120. I have used these guys before and have no problem recommending them. Enjoy the trip ! 

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Heading back to CDG in a couple of days with our hire car, just need to make sure I can find a petrol station near enough so I can fill it up otherwise these guys really hammer you with a charge if they have to do it. Also, their web site said nothing about an extra 85 Euros for a second driver - why, and what was all that about?

Maybe the weeks rental is a good deal and sorry to sound cynical, but in my experience (I used to clean cars for Hertz as a student) these guys do not miss a trick when it comes to those extra charges, and am I concerned about having to give them my card details in order to cover thousand Euro deposit against damage?

Zut alors, you bet your life I am!

P.S. Enjoying the trip, the sunshine, and catching up with old friends and family. Thumbs_Up

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 4

Having just returned from Bologna with a hire car booked by the company (Europcar), it pays to be very careful and ensure you check. As a late evening arrival we were just given the keys and told where to collect the car "with no damage". A small scrape on the rear bumper wasn't noted on the paperwork, so several photos were taken. sure enough, upon return, the person checking the car in went straight to the scratch with a "new damage" statement. Bring out phone with pictures on and embedded data. Oh, okay, all is good as a response. How many times has that been done and a driver lost their 500€ deposit?

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@Marksfish wrote:

Having just returned from Bologna with a hire car booked by the company (Europcar), it pays to be very careful and ensure you check. As a late evening arrival we were just given the keys and told where to collect the car "with no damage". A small scrape on the rear bumper wasn't noted on the paperwork, so several photos were taken

Not just in Europe either. UK has places that do much the same if some forums are to be believed.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Yep, photographs all round here including the inside along with the fuel amount and mileage before and after.

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@Minivanman wrote:

Also, their web site said nothing about an extra 85 Euros for a second driver - why, and what was all that about?

@Minivanman 

Didn't I (jokingly) mention in another thread a few days ago that they'd claw back that 85 Euros saving you made from re-booking for some other 'gotcha'?  Wink