Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Outage-prone Plusnet goes mobile in a bid to become 'quad-play' biz

8 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: Outage-prone Plusnet goes mobile in a bid to become 'quad-play' biz

I like this Bit " Plusnet does not exactly have the best track record in providing hassle-free connectivity to customers."

Then

BT and Plusnet once again topped Ofcom's most recent quarterly whinge list for the most moaned-about fixed-line broadband providers.

But dont forget PN do you proud Cheesy

Seriously its about time PN management started looking for new jobs , they making a real mess here Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Someone is lying, then....

Plusnet has award winning customer service ...... or....... the most moaned about fixed-line broadband provider(s)....

Plusnet does not exactly have the best track record......  or........ Plusnet will do you proud

As for "Outages".... can`t say I have noticed any problems like that during my 7 years with PN...  since moving over to some new "pipe".. my connection speed has been improved, and consistent .. the SNR is a rock steady 6.1 db  with  over 50 days continuous connection to that pipe..

( prior to the change, it would be a few days at most, but mainly disconnect during early mornings for a few mins probably, while I was asleep - daytime up to midnite no probs. )

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Only ever experienced one outage while with PN, and that wasn't actually their fault, was probably some numpty with a tractor digging holes where they shouldn't have slicing through cables, which happens to any ISP...

As for the article, that's from a month ago, so, old news now... Smiley

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

PowerLee
Rising Star

I've been a Plusnet customer for over 3 years now, I've yet to experience a broadband outage using Plusnet.

In the past I've been a customer of AOL & then O2, I had several broadband outages with both, some lasting several days.
Community Veteran

Plusnet going mobile did make me smile a bit.

At the moment I'm not a customer plusnet really want to retain as I'm broadband only. They only want those who have line rental and broadband as only they get the "special offers".

Now if plusnet are still here in a year or two, not definite the way things are going, then maybe it will be the turn of those who "only" want line rental and broadband to be left out in the cold.

Browni
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 35

billnotben wrote:

At the moment I'm not a customer plusnet really want to retain as I'm broadband only. They only want those who have line rental and broadband as only they get the "special offers".

I thought the same as I am also broadband only but I received a call from Plusnet offering me a reduced price if I agreed to a new contract.

The first offer for an 18 month contract was rather poor but I accepted a much better offer for a 24 month contract.

Perhaps the tide has turned for those who are broadband only?

I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

It'd be nice to receive some deals for FTTC, hinty hint hint there PN staff!! Grin