cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out and about in snow April 2008

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Out and about in snow April 2008

I went out this morning at 0800 just as it started to snow..... at 0815 I was at our local ASDA supermarket carpark.... (yes I know they don`t open til 1000) (I had other reasons for being there.... it was snowing!!) See the pics below for the Blizzard conditions in the carpark...
there are two with "red" trees taken on the way home (at about 0830) .... see if you can see the cyclist !  Notice the snow on the cars, and also on the Palm Trees growing in someone`s back garden.....
The tulips and daffodils are in my own garden, also the shed taken about 0850 at about 1000 it had stopped snowing, and the roads were turning back into slush, we ventured out and ended up "on top of the hill"  (Portsdown Hill) overlooking the city of Portsmouth, and the Isle of Wight in the background.... for those interested in the centre of the picture is the famous "Spinnaker Tower" which stands at the entrance to Portsmouth harbour.....(170 metres or 558 feet high) check out wikipedia for info and visit the webcam on bbc site too....
4 REPLIES
jmd
Grafter

Re: Out and about in snow April 2008

You have far more snow that we have had round here Shutter - please make sure it stays with you!!
We just had very light scattering overnight that went as the sun shone down, and then we have had odd April showers of sleet/snow flakes but only for minutes at time and then nothing for about hour! sunshine inbetween!
Crazy weather.
Anyway love picture of tulip with cream topping! Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I was in Winchester this morning and I took this one of a flowering cherry
James
Grafter

Had a really dissapointing amount of snow in S2.  There was some really light stuff when I went out last night, but apart from that I don't think there was anything else.
N/A

Snowed most of the afternoon in LS12, but melted as soon as it hit the ground.
Keeps trying again this morning, but again, its not staying around...