cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our patient CS staff

N/A

Our patient CS staff

Have just been given a computer so reformatted it and set it up for a pensioner friend. Tried to connect it up to the one port ethernet Speedtouch , no joy.
Rang CS and he patiently went through everything - ping etc but didn't think to ask about the ethernet cable (which was plugged in BTW).
In the end I said that I would put the 105 Voyager back on but she couldn't find the driver disc.
Anyway, tried a new ethernet cable and guess what? Yes, the other one was faulty and I got connected straight away with the new one.  Embarrassed
Just occurred to me that he won't know the outcome (not sure if he is bothered) but it was all my fault - should have checked in the first place.
Although he didn't solve my problem I was impressed with how patient he was with me. They have a tough job at times and am glad that they are there, and that I can easily understand what they are saying.
18 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Our patient CS staff

I have always found the CS staff at the other end of the phone to be extremely, helpful, willing and knowledgable.
A far cry, from my own experiences, from those that reply to the tickets. (is someone going to tell me it's the same people  Cheesy)

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

James
Grafter

They are the same people...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

But they keep changing seats.... a bit like musical chairs....  Cheesy
Community Veteran

I'd say my experience is similar to Mav's actually – I don't rate the ticket support much, but on the very odd occasion I've had to phone Plusnet's support I've found them very helpful, well, aside from the one time I got through to someone who sounded like he really didn't enjoy his job. Was particularly pleased when I phoned once and the guy seemed to realise I was quite experienced with broadband, so he talked to me more on the level I'd expect on the forums than from a CSA who doesn't know me… as a result we got to the root of the issue (which ended up being Plusnet's fault Lips are sealed ) quicker than I'd have expected.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I could say the the CSA thought oh heck not another stupid woman, or did you say this is Poppy and I know where you live  Cool Cool
Peter runs and hides
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: poppy
they have a tough job at times and am glad that they are there, and that I can easily understand what they are saying.

Which should be copied and pasted into the Testimonials at the top of the forum page !
Especially the last half of the sentiment. Smiley
Fixes: 47

Would someone mind breaking my broadband for a few hours some I get to speak to one of the wonderful people Undecided
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
James
Grafter

I can help with this...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Grin Grin Grin
Community Veteran

I dread to think what's going to happen in fifty minutes from now. Undecided
James
Grafter

It's okay.  I've slowly been removing abilities from myself in the last half hour Smiley
Community Veteran

So I see… it's odd not seeing your name in bright blue at the bottom of the forums.
Fixes: 47

Quote from: Jameseh
I can help with this...

I said break it not just slow it down. I can't phone CSC just because it's slowed a little now can I Roll eyes
You just can't get the staff these days Roll eyes
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Gotta be honest the few times I've rang up I've not been a happy bunny at all. I'll admit James is alright but some of the others have really infuriated me in the past. Normally takes ages to get through on the phone and then the advice or help I get is next to useless. When I told PN once that p2p was less than 300 bytesps he really didn't seem worried. He just said "Well, we'd expect it to be a little bit higher"- Little bit? - I'm not on dialup I'd expect at least dialup speed on a broadband connection...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!