cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Bin Men are marvellous.

Aspiring Pro

Our Bin Men are marvellous.

May not be the PC term, but they are.

Not one bin collection missed during the pandemic.

High Peak Borough Council.

And we get fantastic views across Derbyshire.

What more can one ask ?

(Go on tell me, I know you want to.....)

7 REPLIES 7
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Our Bin Men are marvellous.

All those that kept the non medical services running deserve our appreciation.

I never thought I'd be following instructions given by Supermarket staff, but I did, to the letter.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

My council are terrible.

You have to have one either green (everything) or brown bin on alternative weeks. Another bin for cardboard, one for cans and another for food waste.

Even though I have to pay Council Tax so they should collect them both? Oh and for garden waste (I have one), you have to pay extra for "Garden Waste Membership" which is a bit of a misnomer. "Us to collect your garden waste which should be part of your council tax".

Then cans (which they didn't collect today which they should).

They wonder why people fly tip. Nope I haven't done that.

Cor - I am even boring myself typing this post now, better stop. Well at least you can all accuse me of talking rubbish 😀

Champion
Fixes: 6

@Alex  Different view, our council also charges to collect the bin full of garden waste. I think it’s excellent value for money because prior to this we would bag the waste, put it into the car and drive to the tip. Not a very pleasant way to spend a couple of hours on a nice summer’s day. The car and it’s occupants would stink.....

Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Recycling collections where I am are now decent & reliable since Veolia was awarded the contract.

Where I am it is now £42 a year for one garden bin club sticker.
Garden bin collections used to be part of the normal collection service & some people still haven't worked out why there garden bin doesn't get emptyied any more.
Plenty of warning letters & notices on bins before the change but still people put the garden bins out without the magic sticker.
Aspiring Pro

@Lægen wrote:

Not one bin collection missed during the pandemic.

Until yesterday !!!

Spoke too soon...

Finally emptied today, one day late.

It's far too hot to go outside & retrieve bin though atm, 30C

Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 56

Too hot? - I'm sat outside reading, enjoying the sun.

John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I would say my bin men were marvellous...........if only I didn't often find find myself picking up the rubbish they've dropped in the street.

I would say the NHS were marvellous...........if only I hadn't been waiting four years and counting for what they call is a very minor op which would enable me to eat and sleep normally.

I could make a very long list of things which only appear to be superficially marvellous.