Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ottawa Shootings, Poignant and Perfect Tribute

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Ottawa Shootings, Poignant and Perfect Tribute

Canada is in mourning for Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, killed Wednesday while standing guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Ottawa.
The leaders of Canada's political parties did their best to address the nation's pain with words Wednesday night, but it was a single image that captured it Thursday morning.
The cartoon, drawn by The Halifax Chronicle Herald's Bruce MacKinnon, is being praised around Canada and the world.
The Canadian cartoonist’s illustration portraying the nation’s pain over the shooting death of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo is being described as poignant, powerful and tear-jerking.
It shows the bronze figures of the memorial, representing those who fought and died in the First World War, stooping down to pick up the body of the corporal and welcome him into their number.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Ottawa Shootings, Poignant and Perfect Tribute

That is a powerful, expressive piece of art. The mood is captured perfectly.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

That brought tears to my eyes and I don't mind admitting it.
Infinity
Pro

I was affected too.
The drawing was emailed to me by relatives in Toronto, just down the road from Ottawa (250 miles)
On my late Mothers side, all her family is Canadian.
Needless to say, they were also affected by the Shootings, there is now a marked increase in Police presence in Toronto.
I'm flying out there as soon as I can book a flight, it's been a few years since I was last there, to visit Mums Grave in a Beautiful Cemetery in Ontario.
kevanne7
Dabbler

Mook I agree could not put it better Kev
TORPC
Grafter

A moving & heart-warming tribute
It definitely chocked me up
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

This choked me up,

His dogs photographed at his home seemingly waiting for his return
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ottawa-shooting-nathan-cirillos-dogs-wait-for-late-...