cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oslo Bombing

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Oslo Bombing

Who would bomb Norway? Seems a bit weird.
27 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Oslo Bombing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Stockholm_bombings
About ten minutes before the explosions, a threatening email was sent to the Swedish Security Service and the Swedish news agency Tidningarnas Telegrambyrå (TT). The letter referred in particular to the presence of Swedish troops in Afghanistan and the Swedish artist Lars Vilks' drawings of the Islamic prophet Muhammad as a roundabout dog. The letter furthermore said: "Now will your children, daughters and sisters die the same way our brothers and sisters die. Our actions will speak for themselves. As long as you don't end your war against Islam and degradation against the prophet and your foolish support for the pig [Lars] Vilks." The message ended with a call to "all Mujahedin in Europe and Sweden. Now is the time to strike, wait no longer. Go forward with whatever you have, even if it is a knife, and I know you have more than a knife. Fear no one, don't fear prison, don't fear death." Included were also sound files spoken in Swedish and Arabic.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

When I watched TV about an hour ago it was not confirmed as a bomb but looking extremely likely.
If it is was a bomb take your pick:
Norway's involvement in Nato in Iraq and / or Afghanistan
A Norwegian publication recently reproducing the Muhammad cartoon that caused such offence when in first appeared in Denmark.
Neo-fascists got a mention and something to do with Bosnia (not sure if those two options were related)
A nutter
etc. etc.
Community Veteran

The reports so far seem to point at their troops involvement in Afghanistan.  There are some crazy people around.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I'm an atheist and can't understand any religious person planting bombs, if they believe God creates life what gives them the right to destroy it ?
Totally illogical
Community Veteran

isn't religion and logic an oxymoron
Community Veteran

@Oldjim I think you're right there.  We don't have to look far to see examples of that in Ireland do we?
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oldjim
isn't religion and logic an oxymoron

Not always, but far too common.
I liked the Dalai Lama's approach when he appeared on a TV cookery program.
He declined to judge which dish was best, saying "As a Buddhist monk, it is not right to prefer this food or that food,"
And the Jain monks who carry a delicate broom to sweep insects harmlessly from their path so that they don't tread on them.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you dont have to go over the water
Try Strathclyde  the crime rate goes from 100 a week to over 300 when Rangers and Celtic meet
Community Veteran

Quote from: HPsauce
I liked the Dalai Lama's approach when he appeared on a TV cookery program.

I thought it funny..................... for the total embarrassment of the Australian Interviewer.........could have told him from the offset.............. DON'T
Apologise if the link has been posted before
Community Veteran

It is now much worse and appears to be a far right group or individual who has killed at least 84 in the youth camp
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14259356
The suspect is reported by local media to have had links with right-wing extremists. He has been named as Anders Behring Breivik. Police searched his Oslo apartment overnight.
Community Veteran

Who describes himself as Christian.
Religion again?  Cry
Community Veteran

Police are now saying that at least 91 people have died.
jmd
Grafter

Quote from: HPsauce
describes himself  Christian.Religion again?

I doubt that his religion has anything to do with his political views or actions.
Anyone can describe themselves as Christian but whether they actually believe that Christ is their Saviour is another matter.
 His actions conflict with Christian beliefs[One commandment is "thou shalt not kill"] - his actions come across as politically motivated.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Likely to say voices told him to do it or come out with some bizarre explanation which will result in him being classed as mentally ill and not fit to stand trial.