cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oscars

Fixes: 125

Oscars

So another glamour-fest is over - I remember watching one or two of them years ago when it used to be on terrestrial TV in the early hours. Great if you had trouble sleeping Wink
Eddie Redmayne won Best Actor for The Theory of Everything, Julianne Moore won Best Actress for Still Alice and Birdman got Best Picture.
Have you seen any of the Oscar winners? Do you intend to watch any of them?
Both The Theory of Everything and Still Alice look good and are on my list to watch. There was a time where I would watch as many of the Best Actor/Actress/Film winners as possible but sometimes they don't do it for me. HurtLocker was one.
Then there are those films that don't get nominated like The Railway Man which I thought could have been a strong contender.
It seems that many Oscar winners are not as popular with the public as they are frequently found to be depressing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: Oscars

the thing to remember is that the oscars are a business..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Somehow I don't think Birdman would be the peoples choice.
I found some parts interesting but on the whole the film was a bit disjointed and airy fairy pseudo intellectual for my liking.
Community Veteran

I didn't think I would like 'The Theory of Everything' but I did. An excellent film and Eddie Redmayne deserved the Oscar for best actor for a really good performance.
I agree with you Mav The Railway Man was a really good film but it didn't seem to resonate with the public and certainly not the Academy.