Original cast to return for next Star Wars

RichAllen
Grafter

Original cast to return for next Star Wars

15 REPLIES
shalom2010
Grafter

Re: Original cast to return for next Star Wars

Gosh, they look old! Bad idea, they need to re vitalize the cast and give us something futuristic.
RichAllen
Grafter

Yeah but then all the hardcore Star Wars nerds would whine about not knowing who the cast is... Remember how they panned the prequels? Mainly because of Jar Jar Binks and Hayden Christensen's bad acting?
PowerLee
Rising Star

Star Wars, just doesn't do anything for me.
Never watched any of the films, only time's I've seen anything Star Wars related is the Family Guy versions.
shalom2010
Grafter

Quote from: RichAllen
Yeah but then all the hardcore Star Wars nerds would whine about not knowing who the cast is... Remember how they panned the prequels? Mainly because of Jar Jar Binks and Hayden Christensen's bad acting?

Don't agree! When the new Star Trek film came out last year, I thought the same as you before I saw it, but having seen it I was glad to see the new faces.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Not really a big SW fan myself but I must admit it would be good to see the original cast making a comback instead of one of these replacement casts that no-one recognises.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

I like starwars so much I called my youngest "luke" just so I can do the darthvader moment;
"I AM YOUR FATHER LUKE"
actually we were told it was going to be a girl so my missus thought what the hell and its amusing (well it makes us both chuckle), we also filled in the population census in 2001 with the religion status as Jedi so the goofballs could get legal religious status (we don't actually believe in all that junk)
but I'm now interested to watch this movie and see if it measures up although I cant really see them doing very well if the original cast are playing the same characters as old farts, its not going to be anywhere near as good as if they were picking up the franchise 5 years after the empire fell and they were playing other characters, having to age them all 30 years is going to have a bad effect in terms of story gapping
I guess like many other re invigorations it will have to be viewed as a new film in that's set in the same galaxy setting otherwise its going to be totally crucified by everyone in endless comparisons, just so long as it doesn't follow the same crap ethos of Hollywood over the last few years of endless drivel (like that horrible cloud atlas that's 3 hours of my life I will never get back...) with lax storylines and lots of action or overly slow going storyline with the bare minimum of action and little or no humour.......
here's hoping that JJ makes it a new epic in the saga worthy of being called episode 7
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 47

Oh...if JJ Abrams is involved it has to be good. Smiley
Fortunately for the ageing cast members CGI can do wonderful things these days.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Quote from: nanotm
we also filled in the population census in 2001 with the religion status as Jedi

The UK government was actually forced to recognise that as a legitimate releigion because of people like you lol.
Do you get any workplace perks for it? - EG having to go and worship the darkside for the entire shift in the canteen?  Grin (I wonder if you could actually enforce that legally lol)
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

yeah I know that's why about 2000 people I worked with all filled it out on their census returns not because we actually cared but it let the loonies have legal status and we are big believers in "live how you like so long as it isn't illegal"
from information we received a few months later some 5000 of our colleagues felt similarly and also provided similar information on their returns as well (I should probably point out here that whilst the census data is anonymous ours were distributed and collected through HMAF as we were overseas so they checked them all for completeness and tallied up such nonsense  Wink ) now them telling us they read all our forms meant they were breaking the rules so none of us could be reprimanded for it .....in reality I think most people actually followed some form of Christianity all be it agnostically (I still go to church for weddings funerals christenings and remembrance service) for most
the thing with religion is that in some jobs your only allowed to practice on set days and the rest of the time you have to do things in your own time or not at all, then again you don't join up those occupations if your a devout follower of any religion so being forced into worship a few times a year is probably to often for many  Cool
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
RichAllen
Grafter

@Strat, they won't need CGI, the movie will be set 30 odd years after the events of Return of the Jedi.
Community Veteran

wrong thread
Community Veteran

......one way of getting 4 in a row Grin
Devonian
Grafter

I remember watching the new(ish) Indiana Jones, the crystal skull.
And I thought at the time that Harrison Fords acting was awful.
He looked bored, he put no effort into his acting, and looked like he didn't want to be there.
Obviusly money talks.
I can imagine Star Wars being the same.
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
......one way of getting 4 in a row Grin

No comment Wink