cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original EODs

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Original EODs

Do you like reading our End of Day posts?  Cheesy  If you do might you like to read some original 'PlusNet Daily Post's from back in the day?  I've found a few whilst digging around in my archives, from June-Aug 2000.  Here's the first section of one as a taster..

It's Tuesday 27th June, and here is the news.
Networks -
On the development side of things, today has been a hectic one putting into place essential hardware for the FrontPage service.
We've experienced some problems today with some leased line users affected.  We have a Cisco engineer on-site now investigating this issue.  Unfortunately this problem could not have been anticipated when we moved lease lines across to the more powerful Cisco 7500 router.
Everyone's been a little hot under the collar today after a problem with the air conditioning.  We're happy to report that it is working once more.  The server room was not affected.

--------------
MIS -
Media Department have been busily working on a new website that lives within the Portal.  Click on the Service Descriptions on the home page and you'll see this 'site within a site'
We've also been working on an internal Handbook that will be used company-wide for induction training and Human Resources information.
Over all areas of the department, work has been focussing on the Portal utilities. We are busily putting the finishing touches to terrific features such as the Domain Control system.

~~~~
Good stuff eh?  FrontPage!  The DCS!  In another one we launch Surftime.  I simply wrote "SurfTime has gone live."  Classic.

And it looks like we were having problems with the aircon back in those days too Tam! http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/02/14/usability-of-air-conditioning/
If you would like to read more of these I'll put something together in the blogs for you to take a shufty.
P-j
7 REPLIES
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Original EODs

Yes please.  Wink
Community Veteran

[me=Assos]likes these EODs :p[/me]
jmd
Grafter

Quote from: Assos
[me=Assos]likes these EODs :p[/me]

They are really entertaining!  Perhaps they should be more like that.......................... Grin
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

[self-moderated because I quoted the whole of the previous post]  Roll eyes

> They are really entertaining!  Perhaps they should be more like that..
I Know.. I'm even in one of them.. they still make me laugh.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Quote from: pierre_pierre
You staff do narf set a bad example, I thought you wernt allowed to quote the previous post (snip)

I know.. aren't I dreadful?.. I've been modd'ed for that already by t'other PJ.
Community Veteran

Moderators note:
All the off-topic replies are in this thread here
Even the moderators have been moderated  Wink
Roger.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

Holidays for them all IMHO!