Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Origin BB

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Origin BB

reading on ISP preview about Origin broadband , who are growing fast but maybe a bit too fast has increased too many gripes about the service ,,  Somehow sounds familiar http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/08/uk-isp-origin-broadband-boosted-2m-private-investment.h...

One downside of Origin’s rapid expansion appears to be that the level of customer gripes about the service have also increased, which is something that we’ve noticed quite a bit since the start of this year. Hopefully the extra investment will be used to tackle some of those weaker points so that quality isn’t sacrificed too much for the sake of growth.

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
4 REPLIES
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Origin BB

If it takes a total of £5 million from just 1 investor to get it going, then what are they doing with any profits made? Customer Service seems to be a joke from the write-ups, so no investment there. I can't see them lasting long to be honest from the gripes they seem to be collecting.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

VC can be risky Those  people are not in the game as philanthropists. They want a good return on their investment, and each time an investment is made the entrepreneur is likely to be required to pledge more of the businesses equity. In the DT a few weeks ago a piece told how interest on a loan is not cheap, how the terms can be such that the shares the VC acquires get special rights, that weaken further the original entrepreneurs' and associates' positions. 

TBH I'd rather have a service from a company that stands on its own.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
St3
All Star

Must be hard these days to own an isp what with all the competion, maybe things will pick up for them or maybe not. But look at plusnet ... a large company that set off really well and now is on a slippy slope down hill going from reviews on trustpilot and the feedback in these forums. Altho my internet has been ok for the last 3 months .... so fingers crossed that things here at plusnet pickup )

Seams no one is perfect Undecided

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Luzern
Pro

That's got it all stitched up then!Grin

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.