cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordinary Friday

Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

Ordinary Friday

Lots of reports of pandemonium in the shops..... and more ijits clicking furiously away, on line ( 3 purhcases per second, according to one report I heard)...

For me.... just an ordinary Friday...

As Martin Lewis says.... it`s only a bargain, IF you were going to buy that item anyway...

As it is so quiet on here today... perhaps most of the "usual suspects" have gone crazy too.... Huh

11 REPLIES
Highlighted
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 75

Re: Ordinary Friday

I haven't bought a single thing today.

Last year I did get a bargain though, I was looking at a new coat it was nice but a little pricey and I couldn't justify the expense then a week later on Black Friday it was reduced by a little over £100 and so I bought it.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
jab1
Champion
Fixes: 9

Nope, @shutter, some of the 'usual suspects Smiley'  are just a bit busy with real life.

Just an ordinary Friday for me, I had a quick look to see if a couple of things I would like, but not need, were on a reasonable offer, but no.

John
Gythral8PNC
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Why would I want to be overcharged today for something that'll be a lot cheaper next February or March when all the retailers want to get some cash in as it's a quiet month Crazy3

Luzern
All Star
Fixes: 3

@JonoH wrote:

I haven't bought a single thing today.

Last year I did get a bargain though, I was looking at a new coat it was nice but a little pricey and I couldn't justify the expense then a week later on Black Friday it was reduced by a little over £100 and so I bought it.

Well I did splash out; £1.25 for a coffee and large KitKat in the break in a lecture at the community centre.

I actually need a replacement printer, so hope the price will even drop post BF, and not that I'll be the BF for waiting.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Champnet
Pro
Fixes: 1

I bought a Sonos Beam (TV soundbar).

I was going to buy it last week but hung on and today I saved 50 quid.

Community Veteran

I expect the prices are made artificially high on the "bargains" in the weeks before the black Friday, that seems to last until Christmas.

Luzern
All Star
Fixes: 3

@billnotben Currys PCWorld actually tell you. The MFP I bought for £69.99 says was £149.99 from 10/10/2018 to 30/10/2018, albeit in faintish text.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@billnotben wrote:

I expect the prices are made artificially high on the "bargains" in the weeks before the black Friday, that seems to last until Christmas.

I've seen Halfords do it, i doubt they're the only retailer that does.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

I sometimes have to put off buying the odd thing in Halfords.

As occasionally I find the thing I want the price has gone up a tenner because it now comes with a "free" gift.

Usually screenwash or similar.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

@billnotben  You buy things in Halfords  ? ? ? ? Shocked 

Don`t you have any other motor accessory shops in your area?  or better still  Motor Factors...  ? ? 

Community Veteran

I know it's hard to believe.

It's one of the many burdens I bear.

I even get my broadband from plusnet.