cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered on ebay, dispatched by Amazon?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Ordered on ebay, dispatched by Amazon?

I ordered an Arduino started kit on ebay, then got an email saying it had been "fulfilled by Amazon", and sure enough it arrived today in an Amazon box.
Strange or what?
5 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Ordered on ebay, dispatched by Amazon?

not really lots of companies store there produce in amazon's warehouse and plenty of sellers will advertise there product on multiple sites, its all part of the "Fulfilled By Amazon (FBA)" agreement they take out, often if a seller only has a few left they will list them cheaper through EBay to avoid another months shelving costs at the warehouse .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Thunderclap
Grafter

Cool You can even have Amazon stuff delivered to a local collection point such as your Argos store. They're messing with our heads!
Building anything freakishly clever with that Arduino?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Not yet, this is my first dip into this area, was going to get another pi, but this was a lot cheaper with a kit of parts to play with. My first use of breadboard, they didn't have it/use it when I did my HNC in Electronics in the 80's.
Not really done much with electronics for past 20 years been more into computing time for a refresher, and a play with pic's etc.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

Similar happened to me a couple of months back. I was looking around for an item and found it on Amazon for £54 (IIRC) or ebay for £45 but fulfilled from China (again IIRC). I ordered the ebay one as I wasn't in a rush, however the next day the seller contacted me to let me know he was fulfilling my order from his Amazon stock. Sure enough, 2 days later it arrived in an Amazon box.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Thunderclap
Grafter

Cool Hairy McBiker, I've recently been playing with the Arduino's baby brother, the Pro-Mini. That was just for temperature monitoring and messaging data to the serial output. I used AVR Dude and a 'bit bang' programmer to flash it - no need for USB. Most *uino boards are built around the Atmel ATMega328P, so there's tonnes of other stuff out there, especially on 'AVR Freaks' and 'AdaFruit'.
ATMEGA328P Datasheet - http://www.atmel.com/devices/atmega328p.aspx
Happy blinking on Pin 13

PlusNet - Maybe an Arduino & Pi forum under the Technology grouping please?