Orange customer data stolen

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Orange customer data stolen

Hi All
I hope you are not with Orange, I have just seen this:
[quote="Security Affairs"]
The official Orange website was breached by unknown hackers who have stolen 800,000 customer records including names, email addresses and phone numbers.
Orange, the world’s largest mobile operator, suffered a data breach. Another clamorous case, after the one occurred to Vodafone in Iceland, according first information, data of more than 800,000 customers of giant has been exposed. Orange publicly announced it was targeted by unknown hackers last 16th January 2014, the attackers gained access to the accounts of the Orange website.
The news was issued by different media, PCInpact reports that the “My Account” section of the website was the target of an attack Thursday, January 16 and added that the site is back to normal.
Read More Here
9 REPLIES
Fixes: 102

Re: Orange customer data stolen

This is Orange France, not Orange UK
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

I nearly had a heart attack - I joined Orange yesterday  Grin
Their website for signing up was a shambles - I had to look at the page code to work out where I was going to register as it was all messed up.
anniesboy
Grafter

Orange admin is a complete shambles,I have many problem when changing plans.
Just received a letter from them saying I could save around £8.00 per month by switching plans.  Great considering I only pay £8.51 now.
On the plus side their phone coverage is very good.
WTF
Grafter

£8.51  Shocked
And I thought I was doing well paying £10.20 (also on EE)
rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm with Orange, have been for years but will be ditching soon. Since they became 'EE'  no one can hear me speak properly. Signal strength is full but having a proper conversation is virtually impossible despite the fact I can hear the other person clearly. It's not the phone or the area as everyone I know on EE have similar issues.
Community Veteran

Well two days into my Orange "experience", their website has refused to let me log on with my account details and when I try and register, their site is saying my telephone number isn't recognised.
On top of that a live chat box popped up so I used that and was told he couldn't help me and I should post my problem on Facebook or Twitter !
Needless to say, I've posted my issue on their Facebook page .........
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Have had an Orange PAYG phobile for many years - no problem at all... BUT
I struggle with their website - there's always some problem or other when I've tried to use it.
Not young enough to know everything
TORPC
Grafter

A friend signed up to T-Mobile EE and always have issue(s) with their universal site for T-Mobile - Orange - EE
Is that the site you are all referring to or it is just the Orange website
Fixes: 123

Been with T-Mobile many years and now EE. Not had any major issues with EE's website, yet.
The only problem I had when it was T-Mobile was the occasional disappearance of Webtext. But that isn't a problem any more as EE don't offer it Sad

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still