cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange Phone Insurance Info?

MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Orange Phone Insurance Info?

Does anyone know (with quite some detail) about any hidden things in the insurance given on Orange Care? I'm thinking about taking it out on my phone but don't want to if I end up wrecking the phone and they don't give me a new one because of some stupid small print.
9 REPLIES
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Re: Orange Phone Insurance Info?

I'm living with my parents atm and their insurance isn't prepared to cover it, which is pretty useless. I may need to go down the "find spare parts and repair it urself" route if I ever kill the phone Sad
Community Veteran

I'm afraid I can't offer any advice regarding small print etc., but I remember that when my father used to have it for his mobile, he was always singing the praises of the insurance.
pcoventry76
Grafter

worked at orange for 5 years, no nothing untoward about it does what it says on the tin
i've used it several times
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Thanks guys Smiley
pcoventry76
Grafter

Welcome Smiley
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

My bank account (Royal Bank of Scotland Royalties Gold) has insurance covering my mobile.  Likewise my fiancee has hers with a TSB account.  If you pay for your current account it might be worth checking out.
Phil
pcoventry76
Grafter

Good Call Phil, most account are about £8-£10 a month, which equals a mobile phone policy.
SO no point paying twice as you said Smiley
LiamM
Grafter

Quote from: pjmarsh
My bank account (Royal Bank of Scotland Royalties Gold) has insurance covering my mobile.  Likewise my fiancee has hers with a TSB account.  If you pay for your current account it might be worth checking out.
Phil

Yep.  I'm a NatWest Advantage Gold customer and I get this.  I once tried to claim on O2's insurance policy for accidentally running over my phone, but they wouldn't accept the claim as it was against one of their many many exemptions.
Most insurances that the likes of O2 / Orange etc... offer are resold / underwritten by bigger insurance companies (such as UK Insurance Ltd).
pcoventry76
Grafter

No it hasen't changed James, still do the next day courier bit - it's by TNT thesedays my dad does it full time alongside his regular work
I know fora  fact O2 started doing next day by DHL/parcelline to compete - all in all it all works very well.
SOmeone mentioned these companys do insurance through another company?  i know O2 use Marsh and T-mobile use fonesafe, where as Orange do their own - a bokren handset takes on adverage 7 minutes to be repaired and reboxed when it goes back to the repair centre in banbury